Friday, September 15, 2006

Dermalogica





I had not experienced Dermalogica in my quest for high-quality and effective skincare. I think I've been missing out. Dermalogica has a very comprehensive website with a lot of
information including a Real Time Skin Analysis, a way to tailor your own skincare needs. I highly recommend doing this and finding what your trouble areas are. I liked reading about the different parts of the face and what problem areas indicate.


After completing the Analysis, Dermalogica will email you a personalized skin care routine with products just for you. Mine of course was oily- my face makes enough oil to power a Hybrid car.

My skincare routine included the PreCleanse, Skin Refining Masque, Oil Control Lotion,
Skin Prep Scrub, Eye Repair and a oil free sunscreen.

The PreCleanse is a cleansing oil which contains Olive and Kukui oils. This gentle cleanser combines with water to remove excess facial oils, dirt and makeup. There is the Skin Refining Masque which is described as being able to "remove impurities and refine skins surface." My skin was certainly clean and smooth after using the mask. The mask did not irritate my skin nor did it have a medicinal smell to it like some masks do. It rinsed off easily and completely with some warm water and a washcloth.

Oil Control Lotion contains "micro-sponges" (I imagine small yellow Spongebob Squarepants) to absorb extra oil. I pat this on my T-zone before I apply concealor or foundation. Fragrance free, this product contains a 1.0% Salicylic Acid, which assists in eliminating acne.

Skin Prep Scrub is addicting for me. I like the texture of scrubs, the grittiness feels like my skin is getting polished. This scrub contains finely ground Corn Cob Meal so you can actually eat it. Just kidding- I wanted to see if you were paying attention. Used with the Skin Refining Masque, your skin will glow. **I wish I had a moisturizer to complete my routine!

I don't go a single day without putting on at least a teeny amount of the Intensive Eye Repair. The fact that in contains: "Cucumber, Butcherbroom and Arnica, Wild Yam Extract, Pro-Vitamin B5 Vitamins A, C and E, Grape Seed Extract" means nothing to me, it's a very very emollient cream that feels good around my dry eye area. I'm always putting this stuff on!

I know I should be applying sunscreen to my face every single day of the year. I often skip it because I don't want my face to have extra shine. Yeah, I KNOW this isn't smart, especially for someone like myself who is concerned with aging and skin cancer. I think I found a solution to my issues and it's called the Oil Free Matte Block SPF 20. I use this each morning when I go for a long walk, patting it around my eyes and on my cheeks. Its non-irritating, doesn't smell and creates absolutely no extra oil.

Bottom line: I'm impressed with Dermalogica. I like their no frills way of skincare. The boxes and bottles are simple and straightforward. Their products don't smell (except the Skin Prep Scrub smells like witch hazel) and most importantly, it works! I want to try the **Super Rich Repair Lotion next.

13 Comments:

Blogger S.S.Love said...

love dermologica....

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

12:09 AM  
Blogger ishouldbereading said...

I've had dermologica facials and have been less than impressed with the depth of the cleaning (as far as I could tell), but I did try the line. I, too, have oily skin that is blemish prone. I liked the product all right for a while. A clay-based cleanser is a good idea, but wasn't ultimately impressed with its ability to help me maintain control of my complexion. I was especially bummed when the Medicated Clearing Gel pilled and peeled off of my face. However, the Daily Resurfacer is amazing! It's the best best best! It seems to be a great line, but there might have to be a period of hit and miss for some people before they find the right combination.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Marcia said...

The Dermalogica eye makeup remover is the BEST stuff ever!!!

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a skin therapist and can highly recommend Dermalogica products

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Fluffkin said...

I am a total fan of Dermalogica! I have oily skin too and its worked a total treat. I have found this site where I get my stuff. The prices are pretty good and I have got all sorts of freebies too!

http://www.jerseybeautycompany.co.uk/index.php

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Oliver said...

Quite worthwhile data, thanks for your post.
undergraduate business school rankings 2011 | hotels in nyc | auto insurance companies

7:54 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

oakley vault, tiffany jewelry, ray ban outlet, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, chanel handbags, longchamp handbags, jordan shoes, coach purses, prada handbags, nike free, michael kors outlet store, cheap oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet online, prada outlet, louis vuitton, christian louboutin outlet, christian louboutin shoes, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, gucci handbags, tiffany and co jewelry, red bottom shoes, polo ralph lauren, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, nike outlet, coach outlet, longchamp outlet online, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet online, true religion outlet, michael kors handbags, coach outlet store online, burberry outlet online, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton handbags, ray ban sunglasses, coach outlet, true religion, tory burch outlet online, kate spade outlet online

10:13 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

nike air max, guess pas cher, sac michael kors, louis vuitton uk, true religion jeans, michael kors canada, converse pas cher, hermes pas cher, scarpe hogan, lululemon, michael kors uk, sac vanessa bruno, air jordan, timberland, oakley pas cher, nike free, lacoste pas cher, hollister, ray ban pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, north face pas cher, longchamp, mulberry, longchamp pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, burberry pas cher, chaussure louboutin, nike free pas cher, barbour, vans pas cher, nike roshe run, air max pas cher, air max, louis vuitton pas cher, north face, ralph lauren, nike air max, nike blazer pas cher, tn pas cher, louis vuitton, nike roshe, hollister, nike air force, true religion outlet, sac louis vuitton, ray ban uk, new balance pas cher

10:16 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

north face jackets, canada goose, lululemon outlet, instyler ionic styler, ugg boots, babyliss pro, jimmy choo shoes, wedding dresses, canada goose outlet, marc jacobs outlet, uggs outlet, new balance outlet, mac cosmetics, nike trainers, chi flat iron, celine handbags, beats headphones, insanity workout, ferragamo shoes, valentino shoes, herve leger, mont blanc pens, abercrombie and fitch, birkin bag, ugg, asics shoes, ugg soldes, uggs on sale, north face outlet, reebok shoes, hollister, nike huarache, nike roshe, mcm handbags, bottega veneta, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, replica watches, uggs outlet, p90x workout, ugg boots, soccer jerseys, ghd, nfl jerseys, canada goose outlet, vans outlet, soccer shoes, canada goose outlet, ugg outlet

10:19 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

timberland shoes, replica watches, iphone 6 case, moncler outlet, converse shoes, canada goose pas cher, baseball bats, uggs canada, lancel, hollister, canada goose, louis vuitton canada, coach outlet, vans, montre femme, parajumpers outlet, canada goose uk, wedding dress, gucci, canada goose, pandora jewelry, moncler, moncler, moncler, ralph lauren, moncler, oakley, moncler, swarovski jewelry, pandora uk, swarovski uk, toms outlet, louboutin, moncler, ray ban, hollister canada, nike air max, ugg, links of london uk, converse, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo uk, karen millen, air max, hollister clothing, supra shoes, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet

10:23 PM  
Blogger mmjiaxin said...

fitflops uk
mulberry outlet,mulberry handbags outlet
michael kors outlet
michael kors handbags wholesale
michael kors outlet online
longchamp outlet
air jordan 11
true religion jeans sale
hermes outlet store
nike outlet
ray ban sunglasses
rolex watches outlet
louis vuitton outlet store
tiffany outlet
celine outlet online
coach factory outlet
mizuno running shoes
ralph lauren outlet
swarovski outlet
designer handbags,handbags outlet,cheap handbags,purses and handbags,wholesale handbags,designer bags,bags outlet,handbags wholesale,cheap purses,discount handbags,handbags sale,wholesale purses,handbags and purses,designer purses
mm0114

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home