Monday, November 13, 2006

Sephora


Mascara

Coffee & Cream Morning Scrub




Sparkling Powder In A Brush


Liquid Metallic Eyeliner


Colorful Eye Shadow Palette


I was never quite sure about Sephora products. Would they be the lesser quality, somewhat generic version of the other brands sold in the beauty superstore known as The Holy Land? I love Sephora. From the gleaming black accents to the endless rows of products basically promising a more youthful and beautiful version of myself, I cannot get enough. My heart begins to race, my palms start to sweat and I hear my name being called by the countless brands the store stocks in their polished shelves as soon as I enter through glass doors. I am powerless. I cannot resist the pink shiny glosses and the many perfumes sitting there, ready to be sprayed on my skin.

I was able to take several Sephora products for a test drive and I'm really pleased with what I found. Let's dig in, shall we?

The Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 is sheer and light, just right for a subtle glow. You don't even feel it on your skin after you apply it, its that weightless. This product gave my skin a dewy look, not matte. The Cooling Cover Stick is just the right size for travel or to toss in your purse. It's compact in size for cover- ups on the go. This gives natural coverage. Super light in consistency, it feels cool on the skin (hence the name I'm sure). Very refreshing. I used this on a few little scars on my face.

Sparkling Powder in A Brush is a neat product because the brush is encased in the tube of powder. You just tap it out on your hand and apply to your face or where ever you'd like
a dab of sparkle. I loved this one. I don't like to sparkle like a Las Vegas billboard, but this was just right for a bit of dazzle and a little color too.

The Colorful Eye Shadow Palette features four gorgeous eyeshadows in bands of color in one stealthy compact. You can highlight, shade, contour, add color, bring attention to the whole eye area with this single palette. I used the shadow dry for a sheer look as well as wet for a more dramatic look. My new thrill is to make an eyeliner out of eyeshadow by wetting my eye shadow brush. The colors were lovely, the quality of the product was excellent. So far, I'm impressed with Sephora and will never again think of it as the Wet N' Wild of the store.

YAY, I love this one. The Iridescent Cream Shadow is a paintbrush that contains color- you twist the end and color comes out of the brush. Then you shade your eyelid as heavy or light as you want to go. The colors are all sheer, soft brown and beige, silver and icy blue to name a few. I cover my entire lid with silver or soft beige and then add a thin black line with liquid liner. I love the look, its totally 1950's glam. The color stays on for a long time and I haven't noticed any creasing.

The Long Lasting Metallic Eyeliner is the ideal makeup for all the upcoming holiday parties you will be attending! A little wild, a little shiny and long lasting. This product has a good tip, sometimes the tips on liquid liners are so thin! With this one, you can draw a decent line right above your lashes. I like the Aubergine shade, purple but not shockingly so. The Silver is amazing with all eye colors and with a hint of white eyeshadow you could create a simply beautiful snow princess look!

Mascara Fantastic Color comes in shades other than your basic black or brown. Violet, blue, green, you will draw attention to your eyes wearing this. The color comes in a squeeze tube which I like. The wand is not thin or puffy, its the type of wand that will make lashes long, not thick. I used one of my thickening mascaras and then topped the black off with a hit of Violet. Pow! Yes, make people look twice!

I'm not ashamed, I will take two showers a day- hot hot showers where everything gets steamy and warm. And I like to exfoliate and get my skin red and clean. I enjoy the entire experience when I don't have kids screaming or dogs barking. And I like my bath products, like the Grapeseed Body Wash, it smells so wonderful and sweet. I hear that Grapeseed is a hot ingredient known for its antioxident properties so I'm more than happy to not only bathe with the ultra luscious body wash but rub lotion on my arms and legs with the whipped Body Delight too. This one contains white grape, pear and pink rose. Smells heavenly, a nice combination of the fruit and roses and it rubs in with no greasy film left on the skin.

The Coffee and Cream Morning Body Scrub
might very well wake you up just like your morning latte. This coffee scented body scrub features caffeine, a key ingedient in getting rid of stubborn cellulite. This truly smells just like a huge cup of coffee, I've yet to see any diminished cellulite but the gritty texture is perfect for exfoliating dry winter skin.

I enjoyed reviewing the Sephora products and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the brand. Plus, Sephora has tons and tons of products, colors, tools, brushes, skincare to choose from. They have loads of small bottles of nail polishes which is my latest obsession. If you usually skip by the row of Sephora's own brand, take step back and check out the products I mentioned above. Distressed Jeans tested and approved. If there is something you love, drop me a line and let me know about it!




8 Comments:

Anonymous Claire said...

Next time you go, try out the Sephora glosses (the wand ones). They really knock my socks off and are amongst the longest-lasting glosses in the store.

3:48 AM  
Anonymous helen said...

Hi Cindy! You've been quoted for Your Summer Makeup Must-Haves for ‘08!

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Rodger said...

The writer is totally right, and there is no skepticism.
trademark business name | car auctions in jacksonville fl | online mmorpg games no download

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Giles said...

The dude is absolutely right, and there is no question.
online games | full pc games online | game news | games download free | web games online

7:54 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

oakley vault, tiffany jewelry, ray ban outlet, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, chanel handbags, longchamp handbags, jordan shoes, coach purses, prada handbags, nike free, michael kors outlet store, cheap oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet online, prada outlet, louis vuitton, christian louboutin outlet, christian louboutin shoes, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, gucci handbags, tiffany and co jewelry, red bottom shoes, polo ralph lauren, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, nike outlet, coach outlet, longchamp outlet online, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet online, true religion outlet, michael kors handbags, coach outlet store online, burberry outlet online, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton handbags, ray ban sunglasses, coach outlet, true religion, tory burch outlet online, kate spade outlet online

10:14 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

nike air max, guess pas cher, sac michael kors, louis vuitton uk, true religion jeans, michael kors canada, converse pas cher, hermes pas cher, scarpe hogan, lululemon, michael kors uk, sac vanessa bruno, air jordan, timberland, oakley pas cher, nike free, lacoste pas cher, hollister, ray ban pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, north face pas cher, longchamp, mulberry, longchamp pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, burberry pas cher, chaussure louboutin, nike free pas cher, barbour, vans pas cher, nike roshe run, air max pas cher, air max, louis vuitton pas cher, north face, ralph lauren, nike air max, nike blazer pas cher, tn pas cher, louis vuitton, nike roshe, hollister, nike air force, true religion outlet, sac louis vuitton, ray ban uk, new balance pas cher

10:17 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

north face jackets, canada goose, lululemon outlet, instyler ionic styler, ugg boots, babyliss pro, jimmy choo shoes, wedding dresses, canada goose outlet, marc jacobs outlet, uggs outlet, new balance outlet, mac cosmetics, nike trainers, chi flat iron, celine handbags, beats headphones, insanity workout, ferragamo shoes, valentino shoes, herve leger, mont blanc pens, abercrombie and fitch, birkin bag, ugg, asics shoes, ugg soldes, uggs on sale, north face outlet, reebok shoes, hollister, nike huarache, nike roshe, mcm handbags, bottega veneta, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, replica watches, uggs outlet, p90x workout, ugg boots, soccer jerseys, ghd, nfl jerseys, canada goose outlet, vans outlet, soccer shoes, canada goose outlet, ugg outlet

10:19 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

timberland shoes, replica watches, iphone 6 case, moncler outlet, converse shoes, canada goose pas cher, baseball bats, uggs canada, lancel, hollister, canada goose, louis vuitton canada, coach outlet, vans, montre femme, parajumpers outlet, canada goose uk, wedding dress, gucci, canada goose, pandora jewelry, moncler, moncler, moncler, ralph lauren, moncler, oakley, moncler, swarovski jewelry, pandora uk, swarovski uk, toms outlet, louboutin, moncler, ray ban, hollister canada, nike air max, ugg, links of london uk, converse, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo uk, karen millen, air max, hollister clothing, supra shoes, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home