Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Fragrance: everything you need to smell pretty...

I wanted to round up as many perfumes as I could and write about them for you. Before you read on, keep in mind that the opinions are mine and finding a good perfume is totally subjective. Just ask the woman who drowns herself in Youth Dew.

I'm partial to musk, floral scents with a gardenia base, as well as those fresh, out of the shower kind of scents. I like lemon-citrus but shy away from anything that is oriental or too heavy. My grandmother always wore Tabu which made me choke and wheeze. A friend of mine wears Skin Musk and I would swear that she wore something much more expensive because it always smells so good.

I've gone through my Calvin Klein Eternity phase, my Chanel No. 5 days and I still use Norell when I am in the mood for it. Certain scents like Petit Prince and Clean Baby Girl can be used on a girl no matter what her age.

I have heard wonderful things about Susan D. Owens Child perfum and am eager to get my hands on that highly regarded scent as soon as I can. I have a pink bottle of Creed Spring Flower that I use very sparingly, the scent smells like the woman I want to be- elegant and lovely yet bold. And everyone is talking about Chinatown Bond No. 9 oh, how I would have loved to see this under my tree this Christmas!

I've talked before of my love for Sharon Bolton's perfume, Luv and Fresh Scents by Terri makes some fabulous, one of kind type perfumes too. It's amazing how a scent can affect our moods or top off an outfit. I don't feel like I'm done getting dressed unless I spray perfume on my wrists, neck and chest! Only then can I begin my day. And please don't think I'm strange if you catch me sniffing my arms all day, it's because I just cannot get enough of the smell of a really good perfume!




Jaqua Body Mist

If you equate body mists with something you splash on after a bath or shower, be warned- this is equal in strength to perfume, at least on my skin! Jaqua Body Mists are offered in Peach Parfait, Pink ButterCream Frosting and my personal favorite, White Rose Bergamot.

They are quick drying and long lasting, housed in stainless steel canisters with a pump spray. You can layer on some lotion with a spray of Body Mist for a cloud of scent to surround you all day long!




Banana Republic fragrance

These are seriously adult scents. When I wear a fragrance like this I feel like I should be dressed in a power suit with a briefcase and imported leather shoes. You could say these have a sensual edge to them: Alabaster, Jade and Rosewood for women and Slate and Black Walnut for men.

I was able to sample a few of the scents, specifically Alabaster and Jade. Alabaster is a floral scent, a little more for everyday while the Jade is spicy citrusy, good for a night out. A well dressed, clean cut handsome mean wearing Black Walnut would get some attention for sure.


Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Comptoir Sud makes fabulously tropical scents, I have reviewed this brand before and loved it. I tried Vanilla Extreme and Cristal de Musc which both get thumbs up from me. VanillaExtreme is sweet with a creamy undertone while Cristal de Musc is a light musk scent hinting at tropical flowers.

The musk scent reminds me ever so slightly of Love's Baby Soft for some reason. I can't pinpoint why and I might be the only person who thinks this but there is an element to it that brings me back to being eleven years old. Both scents are every day kind of fragrances that are not strong but subtly soft and delicious.




MOR Marshmallow Perfume

I adore the Marshmallow souffle cream which is as light as air and smells beautiful, so it was obvious that the Marshmallow perfume would be just as good. And it is. I didnt know how to describe this perfume- is it floral? clean? I asked the lovely Danielle from MOR and here is her reply: "Sugar–dipped rose petals mix with White Carnation and Vanilla Bean to create a sweet, inviting fragrance. Base notes of Pink Musk, Cotton Candy and Jasmine Flower round off the fragrance with a sensual note."

This is for the woman/girl who wants a fragrance that is light and not too perfumy with sweet tones and light florals. I use this when I want something a little different. Many perfumes tend to smell the same and I like scents that stop people in their tracks and make them ask what I am wearing. This is one of those scents.

Ahhhh Lulu! This little bottle of perfume is housing a giant scent of gardenia! If you love floral perfumes, this roll- on gem is for you. White gardenias and musk are combined to produce "Starlet". There are a few other perfumes available from Lulu Beauty but I have a feeling Starlet is the best, of course I am totally biased because I cannot get enough of gardenias or musk so the two combined is pure heaven.


These Clean scents have a huge celebrity following and are constantly mentioned in magazines and beauty blogs and websites because they are so versatile. Clean Shower Fresh smells soapy and fresh, with citrus top notes. Think of a fluffy white towel after a hot soapy shower. The perfect scent to wear every day, one that you will not get tired of because it's so simple.

Clean Baby Girl smells, to my uneducated nose, more complex and a touch sweeter than Shower Fresh. But if you are looking for a barely- there scent that is both light and fresh then you cannot go wrong with either of these.

A long long time ago, I tried the original Clean scent at Sephora and couldn't wait to go back and buy myself a bottle which I promptly used up within a few short months. I always come back to Clean no matter what other scents I dabble in.

Avon Crystal Aura

How gorgeous is this bottle with the Swarovski crystal pendant? When I spritz on this fragrance, I feel like I need to go out on the town. A fruity, floral scent, this has a bit of kick to it, ideal for dressing up when you want a scent that will stand out-- in a good way. It's flirty and elegant at the same time. This is my Special Occasion perfume that blends starfruit, amethyst rose, musk and woods.

I like the way Avon added a little sparkle to the design of this gorgeous glass bottle by hanging a removable crystal on it.

7 Comments:

Blogger 太陽˙眼鏡 said...

牙醫,植牙,矯正,矯正牙齒,皮膚科,痘痘,中醫,飛梭雷射,毛孔粗大,醫學美容,痘痘,seo,關鍵字行銷,自然排序,網路行銷,自然排序,關鍵字行銷seo,部落格行銷,網路行銷,seo,關鍵字行銷,自然排序,部落格行銷,網路行銷,牛舌餅婚紗台中婚紗,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭

1:20 AM  
Blogger 太陽˙眼鏡 said...

腳臭,腳臭,高雄婚紗,街舞,小產,雞精,性感,辣妹,雷射溶脂,雙下巴,抽脂,瘦小腹,微晶瓷,電波拉皮,淨膚雷射,清潔公司,居家清潔,牙周病,牙齒矯正,植牙,牙周病,矯正,植牙

1:20 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

oakley vault, tiffany jewelry, ray ban outlet, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, chanel handbags, longchamp handbags, jordan shoes, coach purses, prada handbags, nike free, michael kors outlet store, cheap oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet online, prada outlet, louis vuitton, christian louboutin outlet, christian louboutin shoes, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, gucci handbags, tiffany and co jewelry, red bottom shoes, polo ralph lauren, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, nike outlet, coach outlet, longchamp outlet online, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet online, true religion outlet, michael kors handbags, coach outlet store online, burberry outlet online, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton handbags, ray ban sunglasses, coach outlet, true religion, tory burch outlet online, kate spade outlet online

10:14 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

nike air max, guess pas cher, sac michael kors, louis vuitton uk, true religion jeans, michael kors canada, converse pas cher, hermes pas cher, scarpe hogan, lululemon, michael kors uk, sac vanessa bruno, air jordan, timberland, oakley pas cher, nike free, lacoste pas cher, hollister, ray ban pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, north face pas cher, longchamp, mulberry, longchamp pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, burberry pas cher, chaussure louboutin, nike free pas cher, barbour, vans pas cher, nike roshe run, air max pas cher, air max, louis vuitton pas cher, north face, ralph lauren, nike air max, nike blazer pas cher, tn pas cher, louis vuitton, nike roshe, hollister, nike air force, true religion outlet, sac louis vuitton, ray ban uk, new balance pas cher

10:17 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

north face jackets, canada goose, lululemon outlet, instyler ionic styler, ugg boots, babyliss pro, jimmy choo shoes, wedding dresses, canada goose outlet, marc jacobs outlet, uggs outlet, new balance outlet, mac cosmetics, nike trainers, chi flat iron, celine handbags, beats headphones, insanity workout, ferragamo shoes, valentino shoes, herve leger, mont blanc pens, abercrombie and fitch, birkin bag, ugg, asics shoes, ugg soldes, uggs on sale, north face outlet, reebok shoes, hollister, nike huarache, nike roshe, mcm handbags, bottega veneta, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, replica watches, uggs outlet, p90x workout, ugg boots, soccer jerseys, ghd, nfl jerseys, canada goose outlet, vans outlet, soccer shoes, canada goose outlet, ugg outlet

10:19 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

timberland shoes, replica watches, iphone 6 case, moncler outlet, converse shoes, canada goose pas cher, baseball bats, uggs canada, lancel, hollister, canada goose, louis vuitton canada, coach outlet, vans, montre femme, parajumpers outlet, canada goose uk, wedding dress, gucci, canada goose, pandora jewelry, moncler, moncler, moncler, ralph lauren, moncler, oakley, moncler, swarovski jewelry, pandora uk, swarovski uk, toms outlet, louboutin, moncler, ray ban, hollister canada, nike air max, ugg, links of london uk, converse, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo uk, karen millen, air max, hollister clothing, supra shoes, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet

10:22 PM  
Blogger mmjiaxin said...

uggs outlet
longchamp handbags
burberry outlet online
air max 90
ugg boots sale
michael kors outlet sale
true religion outlet
christian louboutin shoes
true religion jeans outlet
converse shoes
tiffany jewellery
asics,asics israel,asics shoes,asics running shoes,asics israel,asics gel,asics running,asics gel nimbus,asics gel kayano
hollister shirts
tiffany jewelry
ghd uk
rolex watches
michael kors handbags
tiffany outlet
oakley sunglasses
kate spade uk
mm0114

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home