Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Platinum Publicity Academy Awards event


I'm just a girl from New Jersey who always knew she was destined for something bigger and better than the confines of a small town. When I drive to Hollywood or Beverly Hills, I breathe a sigh and think, I've come home. My people are here. People being writers, those behind the scenes, the creative minds involved in movie making and television writing.

Melanie Segal’s Platinum Publicity events are so excellent and I thank my lucky stars for the opportunity to go. I fire up my car and drive away to the glorious city of Los Angeles, the place of beautiful people and movies, Bentleys and luxury stores, the Hollywood sign and mansions perched on cliffs. It's plastic surgery and Rodeo Drive, it's In N’ Out Burger and boutiques and bistros and coffee shops.

It was a sunny day and completely clear- for LA, that’s not an everyday occurrence. Fueled by a large cup of coffee and a cup of green tea, my friend T. and I drove to West Hollywood to attend Melanie Segal’s event, held at the Hyatt on Sunset Blvd. If you have never been to this West Hollywood location, let me explain that the streets are narrow and windy, curving all over the place. The residential area ascends to the tippy- top of tree lined hills with enormous homes crammed in next to each other. Some of the homes would blow you away with their lush flowers and trees and heavy doors and iron gates.





The Platinum Publicity event was held in the penthouse of the hotel with amazing floor to ceiling views of the Hollywood Hills. Incredible and breathtaking. How could you ever get tired of looking out the windows?

The first stop was at the Color Science table where we learned about this brand of natural color cosmetics. These products are made with minerals that are good for your skin, nurturing and protecting your eyes, lips and face with their good for you ingredients.

We learned about this nifty thing called a WinePod. I can’t even begin to explain this wine making device where you yourself can become a vinter in your own home.

Christine Price of Haute Moms Rule, a chic collection of tee shirts, jeans and other goodies, was a joy to meet. I love meeting other creative people who are passionate about what they do and Christine was full of excitement. She makes funky diaper bags that don’t look like diaper bags, tee shirts with cute designs and sayings and jeans that flatter every mama’s body! She so kindly sent me off with tee shirts which I accidentally left behind when I sat down for a drink! I am so bummed and mad at myself because those tee shirts were totally cute and soft and would be ideal for hanging out around town like the haute mom that I am.



Check this out, AquaMantra water. Your words and thoughts have lots of power which is the basis of this water. Learn more here and drink up!

The Bwell Clinic combines “eastern philosophy with western and Naturopathic medicine.” Bwell will give you a complete physical and determine what your body is lacking and what it needs to function properly. I would love nothing more than to avoid all toxins and live purely and naturally. A trip to Bwell would be good for both mind and body.

Samsonite Black Label was giving away the coolest of the cool attaché cases designed with pop art prints and color. I’ve always wanted a Samsonite. These gorgeous cases are functional and fun for travel. They can stand up to anything like a big animal jumping on it, should the situation arise. You never know.

Lotus 9 Designs offers fabulous, one-of-a kind jewelry designed by Kelly Ozaki, a pretty bubbly girl with loads of talent and an eye for detail. I especially loved her unique leather cuffs which make me feel very rock n’ roll. I keep thinking about these earrings. I bet we see lots of celebs wearing Kelly's works of art soon!

Casio was there too, showing off their new watches and a digital camera so small that I could have snuck it into my back pocket. I am a huge fan of digital watches because I never second guess myself on what time it is. Check out the pink Baby G!

This is innovative, sexy and practical all rolled into one neat pot: Lotionglow. The soy candle will burn, giving off a lovely scent. After the wax has pooled into the bottom of the pot, simply pour it off, and rub into the skin! You can use this as a massage oil and it smells delicious, making your skin subtly scented and soft.

Tarte, one of my very favorite cosmetics brands, had a few items displayed such as their eyelash curler, lipgloss, and my numero uno mascara, Lights Camera Lashes! I was excited to see something familiar at the even, I adore all things Tarte!

Other vendors at this event included V2Vodka (oh how I wanted a bottle of this, I love vodka!), Corduroy by Zirh International, a men’s fragrance, a cd from Samantha Mollen, SunWear Daily Sunblock and SunDial Everyday Glow, both by Banana Boat. The incredible Dirt Devil Kone which every house needs because it's functional and a work of art, Cacao Reserve- high quality chocolates that melt in your mouth, Bottlenotes wine and ProVina.

I have to tell you about the Chi Rocket Dryer. I am picky about my blowdryers. I want lots of power to dry my locks but the blowdryer needs to be lightweight. This one gets the job done quickly and quietly. There is a removable grill so you can clean it out, you know how fuzz and hair tend to get trapped in there? It offers two settings and a blast of cold air to set the style. There is also a Chi Flatiron which transforms my hair into cords of silk.

BioSilk samples were included in the bag of Chi goodies as was the Ceramic Hairstyling Flatiron Bling edition. A one million dollar diamond trimmed Chi Flatiron was set to be auctioned off with proceeds going to the Blood Diamond Victims and Save Darfur.This shiny flatiron was in its own special case with body guards standing around, making sure no one tried to run off with it and turn it into a hood ornament.

It was such a fun day. I recognized Neve Campbell who is so pretty and gracious. Party of Five was a major show for me so long ago. Jai Rodriguez was there and I chatted with him for a minute. Last year I met Ted Allen and I hope to continue meeting those fun “Queer guys”. Jai has super white teeth and is so cute that I wanted to bring him home along with my Chi flatiron. Kate Flannery from The Office was there and I am convinced that she could play the role of Arvis from my book, A Thousand Dollars for a Kiss.

I turned around to see Penny Marshall behind me. It was hiliarious when I stood up and yelled “Schlemiel! Schlemazl! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!” Just kidding!

What a terrific, elegant event that Platinum Publicity put on in honor of the Academy Awards. Great job Miss Melanie, on another fabulous event!



5 Comments:

Anonymous Zachariah said...

Thank you for your post, pretty helpful material.
renaissance hotel providence ri | debt reduction calculator | new orleans hotels

11:23 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

oakley vault, tiffany jewelry, ray ban outlet, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, chanel handbags, longchamp handbags, jordan shoes, coach purses, prada handbags, nike free, michael kors outlet store, cheap oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet online, prada outlet, louis vuitton, christian louboutin outlet, christian louboutin shoes, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, gucci handbags, tiffany and co jewelry, red bottom shoes, polo ralph lauren, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, nike outlet, coach outlet, longchamp outlet online, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet online, true religion outlet, michael kors handbags, coach outlet store online, burberry outlet online, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton handbags, ray ban sunglasses, coach outlet, true religion, tory burch outlet online, kate spade outlet online

10:33 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

nike air max, guess pas cher, sac michael kors, louis vuitton uk, true religion jeans, michael kors canada, converse pas cher, hermes pas cher, scarpe hogan, lululemon, michael kors uk, sac vanessa bruno, air jordan, timberland, oakley pas cher, nike free, lacoste pas cher, hollister, ray ban pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, north face pas cher, longchamp, mulberry, longchamp pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, burberry pas cher, chaussure louboutin, nike free pas cher, barbour, vans pas cher, nike roshe run, air max pas cher, air max, louis vuitton pas cher, north face, ralph lauren, nike air max, nike blazer pas cher, tn pas cher, louis vuitton, nike roshe, hollister, nike air force, true religion outlet, sac louis vuitton, ray ban uk, new balance pas cher

10:37 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

north face jackets, canada goose, lululemon outlet, instyler ionic styler, ugg boots, babyliss pro, jimmy choo shoes, wedding dresses, canada goose outlet, marc jacobs outlet, uggs outlet, new balance outlet, mac cosmetics, nike trainers, chi flat iron, celine handbags, beats headphones, insanity workout, ferragamo shoes, valentino shoes, herve leger, mont blanc pens, abercrombie and fitch, birkin bag, ugg, asics shoes, ugg soldes, uggs on sale, north face outlet, reebok shoes, hollister, nike huarache, nike roshe, mcm handbags, bottega veneta, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, replica watches, uggs outlet, p90x workout, ugg boots, soccer jerseys, ghd, nfl jerseys, canada goose outlet, vans outlet, soccer shoes, canada goose outlet, ugg outlet

10:40 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

timberland shoes, replica watches, iphone 6 case, moncler outlet, converse shoes, canada goose pas cher, baseball bats, uggs canada, lancel, hollister, canada goose, louis vuitton canada, coach outlet, vans, montre femme, parajumpers outlet, canada goose uk, wedding dress, gucci, canada goose, pandora jewelry, moncler, moncler, moncler, ralph lauren, moncler, oakley, moncler, swarovski jewelry, pandora uk, swarovski uk, toms outlet, louboutin, moncler, ray ban, hollister canada, nike air max, ugg, links of london uk, converse, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo uk, karen millen, air max, hollister clothing, supra shoes, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home