Sunday, September 16, 2007

Melanie Segal's Platinum Publicity Gifting Suite




Liz Claiborne for Best Buy















actor Shaun Taub, not Santino Rice




Sheer Cover



On Thursday I headed over to Beverly Hills. Rodeo Drive to be exact. I was invited to attend Melanie Segal's Platinum Emmy Lounge at the elegant Luxe Hotel. The event was held on the rooftop, a very hip affair. If you have never been to one of these gifting suites, let me tell you that they are loads of fun and if you get the chance to go, strap on your Jimmy Choos and enjoy. You interact with vendors and learn about new products; it's a fabulous opportunity to network and a nice way for the companies to get their names out into the world by having writers, press or celebrities show off products.

As we were waiting for the elevator, my eyes traveled to the gentleman next to me. OMG! It was Santino from Project Runway! I loved his Tim Gunn impression. He was decked out in a fedora, slim gray pants, a tight little sweater...I wanted to say something but good thing I didn't because it was most definitely NOT Santino. It was actor Shaun Taub who starred in the fantastic movie Crash and will soon be seen in The Kite Runner. There are often celebrities at these events and I am terrible at recognizing people in real life. Later, I headed to Wire Image to put the faces with the names. Two people I did recognize were Kaycee Stroh from High School Musical and Melora Hardin from The Office, both so gorgeous!

Vendors included KangaROOS, Plantronics, Sheer Cover, Tivo, Raw Organic bars, Grand Velas resort, Bottlenotes which served up a delicious mid-afternoon flute of champage, Christy's Hats- funky head wear that I would love to have in my collection, Liz Claiborne for Best Buy, Beach Bunny swimwear, Izze drinks, Jimmy Jimmy Coco Tanning, Fiji Water. I had my tarot cards read by Brad and I hope the cards don't lie because awesome, big things are in store for me.

I got to meet Lauren from Alterna which was thrilling because she's the PR girl I email for this site and in real life she is beautiful and as kind as I imaged her to be. You must get yourself some Alterna Caviar products. I rushed to wash my hair and WOW, I totally had perfect hair all day. The Caviar products are so lush and luxurious, the serum takes away the frizz and the hairspray controls the style without making your hair look lacquered. I LOVE IT.

There were Plush Puffs, HER energy drinks, and MBT Footwear which I must get my greedy hands on. These shoes work out your whole body and improve posture and firm buttocks and do all kinds of magical things to your body.

It was such a great day. I capped off my time in Beverly Hills by stopping at the Coffee Bean on Beverly Blvd. where I saw Jessica Simpson's dad Joe sitting outside with a group of twenty somethings, chatting away. He looked exactly like he does in the pictures. I can't say it excited me but it was a minor celeb sighting and those are always fun.

The event wasn't all flash, glitter and celebrities- Platinum Publicity also raised funds for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, a cause we can all support. Thanks to Melanie, the gorgeous little dynamo who invited me. As usual she put on a terrific event. I look forward to the next one and I'm aiming for the silver celebrity bracelet...if those tarot cards ring true, than who knows?!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous suits said...

I like the shoes and the leather bag.

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Benedick said...

In my opinion everyone must browse on this.
Creole recipes | free multiplayer online games | | auto insurance | yamaha keyboard

11:23 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

oakley vault, tiffany jewelry, ray ban outlet, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, chanel handbags, longchamp handbags, jordan shoes, coach purses, prada handbags, nike free, michael kors outlet store, cheap oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet online, prada outlet, louis vuitton, christian louboutin outlet, christian louboutin shoes, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, gucci handbags, tiffany and co jewelry, red bottom shoes, polo ralph lauren, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, nike outlet, coach outlet, longchamp outlet online, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet online, true religion outlet, michael kors handbags, coach outlet store online, burberry outlet online, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton handbags, ray ban sunglasses, coach outlet, true religion, tory burch outlet online, kate spade outlet online

10:36 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

nike air max, guess pas cher, sac michael kors, louis vuitton uk, true religion jeans, michael kors canada, converse pas cher, hermes pas cher, scarpe hogan, lululemon, michael kors uk, sac vanessa bruno, air jordan, timberland, oakley pas cher, nike free, lacoste pas cher, hollister, ray ban pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, north face pas cher, longchamp, mulberry, longchamp pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, burberry pas cher, chaussure louboutin, nike free pas cher, barbour, vans pas cher, nike roshe run, air max pas cher, air max, louis vuitton pas cher, north face, ralph lauren, nike air max, nike blazer pas cher, tn pas cher, louis vuitton, nike roshe, hollister, nike air force, true religion outlet, sac louis vuitton, ray ban uk, new balance pas cher

10:39 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

north face jackets, canada goose, lululemon outlet, instyler ionic styler, ugg boots, babyliss pro, jimmy choo shoes, wedding dresses, canada goose outlet, marc jacobs outlet, uggs outlet, new balance outlet, mac cosmetics, nike trainers, chi flat iron, celine handbags, beats headphones, insanity workout, ferragamo shoes, valentino shoes, herve leger, mont blanc pens, abercrombie and fitch, birkin bag, ugg, asics shoes, ugg soldes, uggs on sale, north face outlet, reebok shoes, hollister, nike huarache, nike roshe, mcm handbags, bottega veneta, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, replica watches, uggs outlet, p90x workout, ugg boots, soccer jerseys, ghd, nfl jerseys, canada goose outlet, vans outlet, soccer shoes, canada goose outlet, ugg outlet

10:44 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

timberland shoes, replica watches, iphone 6 case, moncler outlet, converse shoes, canada goose pas cher, baseball bats, uggs canada, lancel, hollister, canada goose, louis vuitton canada, coach outlet, vans, montre femme, parajumpers outlet, canada goose uk, wedding dress, gucci, canada goose, pandora jewelry, moncler, moncler, moncler, ralph lauren, moncler, oakley, moncler, swarovski jewelry, pandora uk, swarovski uk, toms outlet, louboutin, moncler, ray ban, hollister canada, nike air max, ugg, links of london uk, converse, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo uk, karen millen, air max, hollister clothing, supra shoes, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home