Monday, October 15, 2007

Apothia at Fred Segal



great photo of the famous Fred Segal






Over the weekend I attended the Apothia + Givaudan fashion fragrance premiere at Fred Segal.
When I first moved to Southern California, I made a point to head over to the famous Fred Segal store on Melrose in Hollywood. I had seen the place mentioned numerous times in magazines and wanted to see where the stars dropped their hefty paychecks. This ivy covered landmark is a hot spot for stars and those in the business or those who want to be in the entertainment/ fashion business.

The event I attended was held in Mauro's Cafe, a chic little place to eat delicious panini sandwiches or mixed green salads while sipping chilled wine after a long day of trying on Marc Jacobs tops or shoes by Giambattista Valli. I've eaten at Mauro's several times and the food is divine. A definite departure from my normal dining experience which features turkey sandwiches and CapriSuns. Ahh, the cuisine of a mother.

I met the lovely Sharon Bolton who created that amazing perfume I cannot stop talking about, Sharon Bolton Luv. Sharon and I have become email buddies and it was so great to meet the person whose creation I wear all the time. Sharon is beautiful and lovely and sweet and I wish you all could meet her in person like I did. I also got a chance to meet Ron Robinson, the man behind the store. For someone so successful he was amazingly down to earth and I was happy to get a chance to chat with him.

During the event, a few different speakers (Lisa Popoli, Gary McNatton, Pierre Negrin) talked about creating fragrances and being inspired by different things from leaves to fashion to colors. As a writer, it was especially interesting to hear how other creative types come up with their products and find inspiration.

I know that scents and memories are closely linked together. For example, when I think of my grandmother's house, I can close my eyes and practically smell pot roast cooking and fresh applesauce. The grandmotherly aromas are something I will forever remember like her Tabu perfume and Pine Sol cleaner. The earthy scent of wet grass after an afternoon thunderstorm in New Jersey puts me in my childhood home. The autumn scent of burning leaves always reminds me of walking home from school.

There was a visual presentation to go along with the speakers and then a chance to roam around Apothia and do a little shopping. Naturally after I finished perusing the modern, clean space of the beauty store, I beelined it to the book department! I found a book about Coco Chanel that I must get my manicured fingers on.

I took a quick stroll down Robertson Blvd and who should I see but Dr. McSteamy and his wife, Rebecca Gayheart. When you see a famous person, its hard not to blurt something out like "Oh my gosh! I know you!" I remember Rebecca from Beverly Hills 90210 and of course I see Eric Dane on television every week. I bit my tongue- they probably have random people approaching them every where they go. Although Miss Rebecca definitely gave off DON'T BOTHER ME vibes.

I had a fabulous lunch with the unbelievably talented Gilmore who runs Pretty on the Outside, my favorite blogger MK from Popbytes and new new friends, Sasha (The Evil Beet) and Candy (Holy Candy). We had a scrumptious lunch at Kate Mantilini's. And then it was back home to reality.

For more on Apothia, click here. It's one stop shopping for all hip, luxury beauty brands! And should your travels ever bring you to Los Angeles, Fred Segal is a must-see.


Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

nike air max, kate spade outlet online, longchamp outlet online, tory burch outlet online, louis vuitton, christian louboutin, polo ralph lauren, ray ban outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, true religion, louis vuitton outlet online, kate spade outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, chanel handbags, christian louboutin outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, red bottom shoes, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, true religion outlet, prada handbags, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet online, nike outlet, michael kors handbags, coach outlet, oakley vault, gucci handbags, nike free, longchamp handbags, coach outlet store online, prada outlet, louis vuitton handbags, burberry outlet online, coach outlet, michael kors outlet store, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, jordan shoes

12:52 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

nike air max, guess pas cher, sac michael kors, louis vuitton uk, true religion jeans, michael kors canada, converse pas cher, hermes pas cher, scarpe hogan, lululemon, michael kors uk, sac vanessa bruno, air jordan, timberland, oakley pas cher, nike free, lacoste pas cher, hollister, ray ban pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, north face pas cher, longchamp, mulberry, longchamp pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, burberry pas cher, chaussure louboutin, nike free pas cher, barbour, vans pas cher, nike roshe run, air max pas cher, air max, louis vuitton pas cher, north face, ralph lauren, nike air max, nike blazer pas cher, tn pas cher, louis vuitton, nike roshe, hollister, nike air force, true religion outlet, sac louis vuitton, ray ban uk, new balance pas cher

12:57 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

north face jackets, canada goose, lululemon outlet, instyler ionic styler, ugg boots, babyliss pro, jimmy choo shoes, wedding dresses, canada goose outlet, marc jacobs outlet, uggs outlet, new balance outlet, mac cosmetics, nike trainers, chi flat iron, celine handbags, beats headphones, insanity workout, ferragamo shoes, valentino shoes, herve leger, mont blanc pens, abercrombie and fitch, birkin bag, ugg, asics shoes, ugg soldes, uggs on sale, north face outlet, reebok shoes, hollister, nike huarache, nike roshe, mcm handbags, bottega veneta, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, replica watches, uggs outlet, p90x workout, ugg boots, soccer jerseys, ghd, nfl jerseys, canada goose outlet, vans outlet, soccer shoes, canada goose outlet, ugg outlet

1:05 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

timberland shoes, replica watches, iphone 6 case, moncler outlet, converse shoes, canada goose pas cher, baseball bats, uggs canada, lancel, hollister, canada goose, louis vuitton canada, coach outlet, vans, montre femme, parajumpers outlet, canada goose uk, wedding dress, gucci, canada goose, pandora jewelry, moncler, moncler, moncler, ralph lauren, moncler, oakley, moncler, swarovski jewelry, pandora uk, swarovski uk, toms outlet, louboutin, moncler, ray ban, hollister canada, nike air max, ugg, links of london uk, converse, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo uk, karen millen, air max, hollister clothing, supra shoes, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home