Thursday, November 08, 2007

Mega MAC Holiday Goodness

Antiquitease
click here for a variety of looks using the color palette from this collection.


When I see the Royal Assets Collection, I imagine a lovely young woman with a fancy updo wearing a string of pearls and pulling out her compact paint her rosebud lips. Look at the detail on the compacts and tell me you aren't thinking of some turn of the century beauty with a passion for beautiful objects.


The Royal Assets Collection feature these antique looking compacts with a royal crown motif. The compacts are beautiful and inside, the lovely shades for eyes and lips are rich and dramatic. Warm, Cool, Smokey and Metallic eye compacts feature six squares of color.


The gold compacts offer three shades of lip color. You can choose from Coral, Pink, Red, Tan lip color. I'm experimenting with finding my ideal pink-coral hybrid. I've been mixing like a beauty obsessed chemist.


Who wouldn't want to get any of these items for the holidays? As if you need a reason- treat yourself!




MAC's Kids Helping Kids cards feature 12 holiday cards and envelopes created by children for the Kids Helping Kids program. Every purchase will benefit Pediatric AIDS. I love these- the sweetness of the pictures on the cards reminds me of being a kid myself. So long ago. There is also gift wrap you can buy- click here for more information.


Here is everything you could possibly need for winter '07. The Antiquitease Collection offers deep, rich, holiday colors. I can't help but think of red velvet ribbons and gold horns and white snow, the dark green of pine trees and the shimmer of holiday dresses. I see icicles outside and a black baby grand piano, the rosy glow of a woman's cheeks and the shine of freshly painted nails.

The lipsticks come in colors like Gilty Kiss (pinky gold), Her Fancy (light pink with gold), Queens Sin (red with pearl), Budding Lust (plum luster) and Antiquitease (copper red). The names of the colors remind me of some raven haired hussies in a victorian book.

A MAC collection would not be complete without the famous Lip Glass. I've sung the praises of these lip glosses before but it bears repeating. The texture and colors are amazing and I love the fact that you can easily blend a couple shades together for a whole new color, you can layer over lipstick, you can frequently apply without a sticky build up. Lip Glasses from this collection include colors like red pearl, grey with gold pearl, white pink and yellow gold. Click here for names and pictures.




Still more to come with this complete collection! Mineralize Eyeshadow features two shades in one round compact. Look at the purple/red (above), isn't it stunning? That one is called Mi'Lady. Other shades are Silversmith, Earthly Riches, Engaging, Family Silver. I love these fancy duos.

No really, there is more! The Pigments offer up some luxurious shimmer and intense color. This is little pots of loose powder. I need to experiment more with these, my friend Lisa LOVES and I mean, LOVES pigments. You can use them on eyes, cheeks, nails, lips...everywhere.
Colors include chocolate brown, white with gold pearl, and dirty brown.

My favorites are the Fluidline eyeliners. Use a MAC angled brush to apply these gel liners close to the lash line for dramatic eyes or to bring attention to your eyes. My makeup isn't complete without a swipe of liner. Uppity (yellow gold) and Blacktrack (deep black).

You can get really creative with the nail colors, white and gold. Imagine a French mani done with gold tips. Look at the photo above, she appears to have crackled nails in the Vestral White and Gold Veneer. Short white nails look so clean while the gold is festive and fun.




Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home