Friday, January 04, 2008

Perfectly Pink!



I love the color pink. I am drawn to pink flowers, pink cashmere sweaters (not that I actually have one), pink Converse sneakers (have those) pink fingernail polish, and my holy grail has been finding that ideal pink shade of lipstick. My desire to find that perfect pale cotton candy shade has led me to conduct an in-depth study of pink hues of both lipstick and gloss. My findings are below!


MAC Lipsticks
Politely Pink- very pale pearly shade of pink.
Delish- Pink gold color with frost.
Please Me-midtone pink that works well with a pale gloss over it.
Snob- light pink with purple undertone
Angel- ahhh, lovely! This one is a keeper, pale pink.
Two pink Lip Lacquers I tried and liked were Babied which is a silvery pink gloss and Poco Pink which is a gold-pink gloss. Poco Pink is nice gloss worn over Delish. Lip Glass in Underage is one of my old standbys for a light shade. I hear Nymphette is a good pink shade too. All MAC lip colors click here. No matter what color you are looking for, I have a feeling MAC has it or you can mix and blend a few colors to get what you want.


Bobbi Brown
Here are three creamy shades of pink that are matte in consistency, wear for hours without coming off and give you light pink color: Bronzed Pink- the name says it all, its a lovely pink with a hint of bronze. Nude Pink is an ideal marriage of tan plus pink, its super neutral which I think works with all skin tones, Crystal Pink is an almost see thru shade of pink with glimmer.
For more on Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Color, click here. Also noteworthy is the Pink Raspberry Face Palette.


Scott Barnes
Lip Suede in Candis is a bright pink that works best with a shade of Flossy Glossy (in Meow)over it. Candis is as pink as you can get. Scott is the king of dewy, bronzed faces. Scott's website is here.


Stila
One of my first high end purchases was a small tube of Stila lipgloss which came in a silver tube and the color was of course pink! Stila offers so many shades of their Lip Glazes and naturally I gravitate towards Pink Grapefruit first- a frosty pale pink. Apricot is a peach-pink while Watermelon is more of a sheer pink shine. These all smell good enough to eat!


NARS
When Hilary Duff said that her favorite lipstick was NARS Roman Holiday, of course I got my hands on a tube of it. It's a pale neutral pink a very nice shade and I love it with a clear gloss.


Now I just need to find my ideal blush! I think this one might work just fine- Stila All Over Glow in Pretty Pink.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home