Thursday, January 10, 2008

Project Promdress

Not my picture but it was my hairstyle during the 80's.
Great time for hair, especially in New Jersey.

My own prom dress was similar to this one, minus the butt bow.


Project Runway's prom dresses
Sometimes I think I had such a hellacious time in highschool so that I have fodder for stories as an adult. Last nights Project Runway episode brought me right back to being 16 years old and getting ready for my own prom. I went to a hip salon in Ridgewood (NJ) where the hairstylist decided to curl my hair into ringlets the shellack the whole coif with Paul Mitchell. Maybe they were playing a joke on me. My head was a veritable buffet of vienna sausage curls. Have you ever washed your hair after a can of hairspray has been emptied on it? A sticky mess.
When I finally rinsed it out and blew it dry with Aussie Sprunch Spray, a pick and some cheap hairspray, my hair was so big I'm surprised I could hold up my head. Looking back at photos I have to laugh. Then I usually break down in tears, drop to my knees and cry "WHY ME?" I hated highschool, proms, football games, cheerleaders and having crushes on boys who wouldn't give me the time of day.
My favorite designs last night were the green dress that Chris made (upper right hand) and Sweet P's champagne dress (lower left hand side). I'm not terribly fond of the bubble dresses, because I feel they have a mushroom vibe.
Watching last nights episode made me give a prayer of thanks that I am long past my awkward teenage years. Watching the show also made me want to dye Kit's hair a more natural shade and fix Christian's lopsided Flock of Seagulls 'do. Everytime Ricky cries I want to give him a big hug and a prescription for Cymbalta. I'd like to invite Tim Gunn over for wine and girltalk, we could partake in witty banter for hours.
For more on Project Runway, head over to my two favorite sites, Blogging Project Runway and Project Rungay.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger David Dust said...

Everytime Ricky cries, an angel gets his wings...

Click here for DavidDust's Project Runway recap.

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Prom Dresses said...

That's a cool collection of dresses for the prom. I was wondering if you could post more designs for winter? Our prom night will fall on a winter and it's great to do it on a different season with different styles of dresses. I am on a lookout for more designs . thanks.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home