Wednesday, January 09, 2008

RIP


Rest in peace, my dear Yves St. Laurent mascara! I've been trying hard to wheedle out a few last drops of precious mascara but I think it's time to say goodbye. This has been one of the best mascaras I have ever used and if you are anything like me, anything at all, you would understand why its so hard to say goodbye.

It's so difficult to find products that you really fall in love with. There are many I like, many I use weekly and enjoy. But that deep, satisfying love that only comes around once in a while...so fleeting. The gold tube has been sitting on my countertop, empty for a week. This morning I decided to put it at peace in my IKEA garbage can. *sniff*

YSL mascara coated each lash, never leaving even the smallest, most insignificant ones out. It lasted all day long, never even smudging despite the ridiculous heat we get here in Southern CA. The gold tube stood out in my makeup drawer like a beacon! And now, all that's left is a hollow container where once the secret to my ultra long eyelashes was kept.

I think I might be able to pull through. There is another tube of greatness around the corner and if not, well, there are always false eyelashes to give my eyes the ooomph they need. *Yes, I would buy another tube but there is not a Nordstrom around here and I have so many other mascaras that I cannot justify spending the $$$ on another tube.*

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand. Why don't you just buy another one?

11:41 AM  
Blogger Sunniva said...

Yves St. Laurent mascara is FANTASTIC. Right now I am using Dior, but I do miss the old YSL ;)

3:40 PM  
Blogger CINDY BOKMA said...

Because there isnt a Nordstrom around here that sells it!

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I see. Well, once you work through your stash, you might want to check Strawberrynet.com. Items ship fast and for free. I've always had excellent service from them.

http://www.strawberrynet.com/makeup.aspx?BrandId=292&goChar=Y

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking for Hallway Lighting and was wondering if Tech Lighting is the best designer for Hallway Lighting?

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home