Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Blogger Spotlight: Shannon from A Girls Gotta Spa!



I wanted to feature Miss Shannon from two of my favorite beauty blogs, A Girls Gotta Spa and A Makeup Minute. She is awesome!


What is the difference between your two beauty blogs?

A Girl's Gotta Spa is more about skin care, bath & body, hair care and spa with a bit of fashion thrown in. I tend to make this blog more personalized, possibly because I am the sole owner and feel I can let my hair down with my readers.Makeup Minute's focus is soley on makeup and the cosmetics industry. This is a b5media blog of which I am the sole author.

How did you start each website?

A Girl's Gotta Spa was started one day in October of 2005 as a way to promote my bath and body home based business at the time. I didn't want to do the whole home party scene and at the time starting a blog was groundbreaking. Eventually the bath & body business got pushed aside as I began to review a plethora of other beauty products.

Makeup Minute came about 9 months after starting A Girl's Gotta Spa. The lovely Christina Jones from ebeautydaily asked me if I would be interested in writing for b5media. I didn't have much confidence in myself at the time, but that site has surely blossomed.

What are your must-have products?

I absolutely love inSpa's Pore Purifying Masque. I have combination skin and this masque does a world of wonders for my t-zone and also clearing blemishes. Darshan Beauty's Multani Facial Mud Mask is also a fabulous product.I love to smell good without overwhelming someone who may have a fragrance allergy, so Pure & Petal Hair Fragrances are perfect, they are light and not overpowering.

What will I find in your purse on any given day?

Lots and lots of lip gloss and lipstick! Mainly MAC and Benefit Cosmetics. You would also find Ceci Cela's Almond Lip Balm, Bobe's Pomegranate Lip Balm and Pin Up Balm's Raspberry. Also, Prescriptives custom blend pressed powder. I guess a girl can't have too many lip products--and a powder to take away the mid-day shine.

Other things about me: I am the Chief Blogger and a Publicist for Pierce Mattie PR. I am a mom of 4 boys, have 2 dogs and have been married for 10 years.


Makeup Minute

MySpace

LinkedIn

IQONS

Pierce Mattie PR

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home