Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Essie for Spring



Im thrilled with the Essie Spring collection and I wish I had my new camera working to show you how beautiful the colors are in real life.


These shades from Essie feature a pale gray, pink- gray, taupe, pale pink, midtone pink and a lilac. You might be thinking...gray? YES. This was the first color I tested out and my favorite. It's really subtle yet different from the normal colors you might reach for. I will use this color again and again. It looks clean, sophisticated and elegant. I love short nails and the gray shades look so crisp!



I tried to do an at-home manicure, trimming my fingernails then rubbing lotion in the cuticles. I applied the Essie Base coat which dries very fast. I applied two coats of color, Essie Top Coat and I was finished. My nails looked salon perfect! Here's a tip- don't glop on the nail color like I did the second time around. It's best to use careful strokes with a brush that is not drenched with polish. I applied it too thick because I was in a rush to get out the door. When I took my time and used less, it worked much better.



This was my first time ever using Essie and I am thrilled with the results. My nails are shinier and Essie color lasts longer than the cheaper brands. The texture of the polish itself is smooth, color is true to how it appears in the bottle. It dries quickly especially with the help of that top coat. All the colors in the spring line are very versatile.
And did you know that Essie offers lip gloss? YES! Im such a gloss addict, I must get my manicured hands on these soon!


Labels: ,