Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Demeter, Amazing fragrances!


If you can't find your ideal fragrance in the extensive Demeter fragrance library then I don't know what to tell you. There is every scent your nose has ever encountered featured in their list of perfumes. Its going to blow you away. Whats even more is that the scents are really true to what they are. For example, I tested Rain which smells like the air after a good hard rainstorm. When I was living in New Jersey, there would be times when the rain would come down so hard that I thought it would never end. But when the rain finally stopped and everything looked so green and lush and the world was calm, the air smelled so clean....that's Rain.

Ocean reminds me of being on the beach in the Caribbean. Its very specific to me. The scent of exotic plants mixed with the salty air is Ocean. Incense, what I thought before I tested it was that it might smell a bit over the top spice with some kind of cumin undertones. No- its a light scent and for me, the smell of it reminds me of something my mother wore many years ago.
Tangerine couldn't be more like the little orange fruit than if you peeled one and inhaled the sweet smell. Its a happy fragrance, one that you could use for aromatherapy, give yourself a little lift when you feel tired or sad. It's delicious! Laundromat is a clean fresh smell of laundered clothes, warm dryers and that unmistakable scent that escapes from the dryer vent. This is one that I spray every day, I can't get enough of it.

I can imagine all the perfumers, mixing and blending different potions in beakers and vials, trying to get the right scents to smell identical to the real thing I am anxious to try Pure Soap and Baby Powder. If you are more of a Sugar Cookie kind of person, there's a fragrance for you. Gin and Tonic more your style? You can smell like that crisp beverage all the time. I always like the smell of a candle after you blow it out, I wonder if Holy Smoke is the scent I would need? You can buy body lotion, candles, shower gels and perfumes in whatever scent you desire. There are also whole collections to purchase like the Herbology or Jelly Belly to name two.

You know how certain smells bring you right back to your childhood? Here is the place where you can find that scent that will bring you back to a simpler time in your life. For me, that would have to be Apple Pie and Dirt, mixed with Rain...and there I am at Grandma's house. If there was a scent called Pot Roast, I think I'd be magically transported to the Cape Cod house in Midland Park, sitting in a toasty warm kitchen.

There are tons, and I mean tons of scents to choose from. Click here for more information!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home