Sunday, May 04, 2008

Essie for summer 2008

If you think the above colors are pretty on the screen, wait until you see them in real life. I'm thinking tropical flowers and exotic locations. These colors are stunning and I can't wait to try each of them. I was searching high and low for a good coral-red shade and Risky Business delivers. It's not a bright red, it's not exactly a coral- it's the perfect in between shade.



I've become a real Essie devotee, this brand is fabulous. I know a lot of the nail salons use Essie because of the long lasting color and the texture, the quick dry and the many colors to chose from.



I think this palette will be my summer nail color staple. My Place or Yours, Guilty Pleasures, Movers and Shakers: these will be on my fingertips. I always like a lighter color on my fingernails. Toes will receive a couple coats of Risky Business, Secret Stash and Escapades.



I give nails time to breathe after I've had polish on for about a week. I scrub my nails very well, use a heavy duty exfoliant, then a generous amount of lotion or cream wearing socks or gloves to keep in the moisture. The next day, I cut and file, push back cuticles, apply the top coat and take it from there. When I don't follow these steps my nails do not turn out well. I almost always have my toenails painted in the summer because I wear flip flops and sandals all the time.

You can view more Essie colors here and tips and tricks from the professional here.




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home