Friday, June 13, 2008

Sun protection with Eucerin

Eucerin Everyday Protection, don't leave home without it!



Sure she's got the cute lucite heels but did she remember her sunscreen?



So long ago, I wanted to be tan. I thought that deep, crispy- fried look was sexy. With white-blonde hair and dark skin, I looked like a photograph negative. In other words, I looked horrible. Once I reached thirty I figured I better start taking care of myself. It's been years since I tried to lay in the sun for a tan mostly because I know the sun causes wrinkles and aging. I put lots of sunscreen, wear a hat, large glasses and stay in the shade whenever I can.



Tips for Everyday Sun Sense from The Skin Cancer Foundation, presented by Dr. Rosemarie Ingleton, M.D., P.C.

*Do not burn intentionally…If you have had 5 or more sunburns in your lifetime it doubles your risk of melanoma, the most serious form of skin cancer. THEN: I wanted a sunburn so that it would fade to a tan especially on my face! NOW: I wear a moisturizer with sunscreen plus a primer with a SPF 15 and a foundation with sunscreen too!





*Seek shade. Remember the sun's rays are most intense between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Simple rule: If your shadow is shorter than you are, seek shade. THEN: Gosh, I used to think those hours were optimal tanning time! NOW: I wear a hat plus sunglasses and sunscreen and stay out of the sun as much as possible.




*Wear protective clothing when possible. For example, long-sleeved shirts, pants, wide-brimmed hats and UV-blocking sunglasses. THEN: What hat? NOW: I have a small collection of wide rimmed hats and I don't care how silly I look in them!




*Generously apply a broad-spectrum SPF of 15 or higher to all exposed skin everyday before going outdoors. THEN: Bain de Soliel no 4 tanning oil NOW: Sunscreen must be spf15, ideally a 60+




*Examine your skin from head to toe every month. If you notice a bleeding, growing or new mole, or any other significant change, schedule an appointment with your physician immediately.

THEN: Skin that looks like jerky means I'm tanning to 100% capacity. NOW: Smooth skin with no new moles.




*Schedule a skin cancer screening with your dermatologist annually. THEN: I'm too young to worry! NOW: How soon can I make an appointment?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home