Wednesday, August 13, 2008

All About HAIR!



I haven't been on the ball with my Charity of the Week but here is a very very worthwhile one, Locks of Love. I'm sure you've heard of it. They create wigs for kids with illnesses who suffer from hair loss as a result of their medical treatment. You can learn more on the site here. I know many little girls and a few women who have donated to Locks of Love. Just imagine how great it feels to help out a child in need!

Coincidentally, this information was on the landing page of Locks of Love. What perfect timing!

Seeking women between the ages of 18-40 willing to donate their hair (10 inches or more) and participate in a live haircutting challenge as part of the Nexxus finale event for BRAVO’s hit reality show “Shear Genius”. Candidates should be available on the evening of Wednesday, August 27, live in the NY area and be willing to appear on camera. Hair will be cut and styled by “Shear Genius” finalists.

Interested candidates should e-mail Jackie Warren at jwarren@kaplowpr.com. Please include a recent photo of yourself in the e-mail.


I struggle with my hair. It's very John Bon Jovi circa 1986, frizzy and big, full of air. So when I come across products that will tame the frizz and turn it into waves or curls, I am all over that. White Sands Curl Up In Silk Mousse offers firm hold and medium. The mousse helps hair to be turned into actual curls, eliminating puffy fuzzy hair. I like the volume and body my locks get from the mousse. I'll take either, the Medium hold or Firm. My hair doesn't end up crispy (unless I apply too much mousse) and it has nice body.


It's worth your time to check it out. And be sure to read about their flat Velcro strips, I think I'd like those!



Amazon Beauty was launched in 2007 by Fabian Lliguin and his wife Anna Ayers. These two run a salon on the Upper East Side of Manhattan called Cocoon. I have a feeling I'd love it there. There is an entirely neat story about Fabian and Anna and their work in the Amazon Rainforest. Wouldn't you like to head into the deep jungle and explore? I know I would. I'd have to deal with the humidity and bug bites and go for it, allowing myself to be naked faced and dressed in clothes that were functional rather than cute. Enough about me!


The Rahua Hair Care Collection from Amazon Beauty contains ingredients found in the rainforest. Located in the Amazon is lots of plants and fruits and nuts, all which serve as anti-oxidants for hair and skin. The Rahua products strengthen hair and is particularly good for delicate and color treated hair. Check and check, that would be me! These products smell lovely and I feel great knowing these are natural products made from the Amazon. Minus the bugs and snakes.





I've been reading about John Masters Organics for a while now. I got the chance to try this organic, eco-friendly brand and I love it. I tested the Honey & Hibiscus shampoo and conditioner and the reason I'm so thrilled with the brand is because its completely non-drying and it's made without using harsh chemicals. If I could make my own shampoo, I would. But since I can't, this is the next best thing.


And check out the wonderful combinations they offer for their hair care: Lavender and Avocado, Honey and Hibiscus, Citrus and Neroli, and Lavender Rosemary- is there a better smelling combo than Lavender and Rosemary? I think not! For more information, click here. It is also available at the Whole Foods Market Whole Body Department. If I could do one hundred percent of all my shopping at Whole Foods, I would. I love it there but that's another post for another day!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home