Friday, September 05, 2008

My love affair with CHANEL continues...

Yes, the CHANEL LE VERNIS nail polish/colour/lacquer totally lives up to the hype. This is Grade A+ polish and I love it for many reasons but the top one or two is that the consistency is devine and it dries quickly. The colors available right now include but are not limited to: a pale lavender frost-called Lilac Sky, a deep yet hot pink- Splendeur, dramatic plummy red- Fantastic, this one is just right for a French Manicure-Allegoria. Lilac Sky lives forever on my fingernails, at least for the next few weeks. Treat yourself to a bottle of this for fall.

I am brand new to Chance by CHANEL. I expected something strong and powerful with this scent but its really a soft, wearable fragrance, good for every day. I wear some kind of perfume or eau de toilette every single day, I like to smell pretty and feminine.

Chance is a bit floral with an underlying essence of something spicy. I like how it lasts for hours but remains subtle. The bottle is a small work of art, the round glass edged in silver.

Ever since I was a wee girl, I wanted a bottle of CHANEL No. 5. This is because I read that Marilyn Monroe wore the perfume and I became sort obsessed with all things Marilyn at a young age. If only I had in my possession, a bottle of Chanel No. 5, then anything would be possible. To this day I equate glamour with CHANEL No. 5. How can I describe the fragrance? It's a parfum that evokes red lipstick, stilettos, dramatic black dresses. It makes you feel Red Carpet ready. This is my very special occasion perfume, only to be used sparingly and for the most special events.

Here is a brief but interesting story behind the scent:
Coco Chanel wanted "a woman's fragrance that smells like Woman." When perfume designer Ernest Beaux presented her with his 5th composition, the choice seemed simple and obvious. Her perfume would be called N°5. Five was her lucky number.


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Roxy said...

I agree... I think Chanel has some of the best QUALITY lacquer out there. I'm bloswn away by it each time I use it, how long it lasts without chipping, the fab shiny coat and of course those gorgeous shades. Chance is my favorite of the Chanel fragrances ... like the eau fraiche version as well. xo

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Jill said...

Channel is synonymous with classy. Everything they produce is so chic. I'm a big fan of number 5 as well.

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home