Thursday, September 18, 2008

Rachel Zoe is bananas

*sigh* I've fallen into the vortex of yet another celebrity reality show with no hope of returning to my normal life. Now thanks to Rachel Zoe, everything in my house is BANANAS! That's her catch phrase. And it immediately prompts me to start singing that Gwen Stefani song, Hollaback Girl. B-A-N-A...you know it. Its gets into your head and under your skin.

I read this book and keep it on my bookshelf for reference. How I would love to be Rachel Zoe minus the rumored coke habit and semi- gay looking husband. Her house, its amazing. I die! (another Rachel phrase) I love her gigantoid sunglasses, her big wavy blonde hair (and she's not even from New Jersey!), her flowy caftans and enormous rings. I even like her thick black eyeliner.


Sometimes she's a hit with her personal fashion choices. There are times when she misses the mark. But her knowledge of what looks good paired with which accessory stuns me and blows me away. Her passion for clothes and designers reminds me of my passion for writing and knowing useless trivia facts about movies, books and actresses. Beyond the big hair and large glasses, Rachel and I are really two of a kind.

I can't wait to see what kind of drama unfolds on her Bravo show every week. This is a good show to curtail my WorkOut fixation. A little fashion now, later in the season a little WorkOut. Intriguing is Rachel's assistant Taylor who is as friendly as a lump of black coal. I want to take (the assistant to the assistant) Brad, out for coffee. I want to lovingly tell him, as I take in his carefully coordined oxford shirt, tie and sweater combo, that he's funny enough, cute enough and people like him! Just not uber- bitch Taylor.

Have you tuned into the show yet? You need to. Just to get a glimpse of her outrageous closet and the infinity of designer gowns, worth thousands of dollars. Maybe millions. It's ...wait for it...bananas.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're reading Rachel Zoe and I'm reading How Not To Look Old which, BTW, is a verrry good book.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Gaining Back My Life said...

LOVE this show. Love TiVo!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Always In Style said...

No offense but I am not a fan. At all. ;)

4:56 PM  
Blogger eye4style said...

Cute, I am loving her show too!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Krystal said...

I love her, I met her once, and pretty much fell apart while telling her how amazing I think she is. Isn't it the best show, it is one of the few I actually watch! Fun blog btw!!

xx
k

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home