Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Part Deux...Name Dropping


When we dined at Nobu, I met May Anderson. I saw her in the lounge and asked if I could take a picture with her. She wrapped her skinny arms around me and called me darling. While my pal Amy turned on her camera, May was hugging me tight. Like a praying mantis. Later, I sat down at her table and her friends were very nonchalant. I don't know what made me do it. I guess it was the empty chair beckoning me. May suggested my husband get into a new line of work, endermologie. She highly recommends it. She weighs all of eighty pounds, I don't think she needs a cellulite reduction. Or maybe it was a hint? My jeans were kind of tight.
I saw enough of David Spade to last a lifetime. No offense, Dickie Roberts! I did not meet him or walk by to scope out his facial hair. He was with a pretty blonde girl with a blunt- cut choppy bob. He was everywhere I turned. He is petite. It was nucking futs!

I was strolling around on Rodeo Drive, absorbing the smell of cold hard cash in the air when who should I see outside but Dean McDermott. He was having a meeting with an agent-type who had a big bluetooth sitting on his earlobe. I really like Tori and Dean's show but it wasn't the time or place to act like a cracked out fan. It wasn't crack, it was a Mocha from the Coffee Bean.



Here's the celebrity rundown, if you're into that kind of thing. As I mentioned before, I talked briefly to Courteney Cox in the bathroom- we have a mutual acquaintence. It was totally inconsiderate of me to strike up a conversation with her when it was her big night as a director. And I'd like to make it up to her by offering a role as a director in my movie. Just kidding. No I'm not. Yes I am. No! Yes! No!

Lucy Liu was in there too and she had a stylist type fawning all over her hair and makeup. I don't need a stylist, I do it all myself. It's just how I roll, very uncomplicated. I complimented Soliel Moon Frye on her hair as she was walking out of the bathroom. It's sooooooooo beautiful and long and shiny- her hair, not the bathroom. I didn't say anything dopey like, "Punky! OMG I'm your biggest fan!" She is beautiful. Just know that.


David Spade was everywhere I turned. He was doing the knuckle bump with everyone. (not me) He's got the pubestache going on. No beuno. Chandler Bing (that's Matthew Perry to you) Lisa Kudrow, Isla Fischer, Kirsten Dunst, Jennifer Aniston, Laura Dern, Kirsten Dunst, Jared Leto, Billy Zane, James Marsden were some of the celebs I saw up close but not personal. It's very weird because we see these people in movies and magazines and feel like we know them. We know their husbands or wives, children's names and who they used to date. But to them, we are strangers off the street, invading their space. It's really bizarre. I think the best approach is to enjoy the company of the person you are with and should you happen to glance up and see a famous face, enjoy the moment but happily go about your own business. I locked eyes with Jared Leto, in fact, he is the actor I had in mind when I wrote a punk-rock guy in my screenplay. I clamped my jaw shut and ordered another drink. I resisted the urge to say something. I hear he has a big weiner but thats not really a conversation starter, is it?

Larry Miller was standing alone so I said "Hi!" and I stopped to quickly talk to Anna Farris because she was in one of the short films we viewed (so was Larry). Demi Moore- I talked with her on the "private patio" and Ashton was there. So was the whole Arquette clan. But back to Demi- I don't think I was too foolish because I complimented her film and she was extremely sweet.



Earlier in the night I saw Alexis Arquette, I gushed about how I loved the Wedding Singer and she asked me what movies I was in...hahahahahaha! Then she dropped her unicorn pin. I picked it up and said that life is not always unicorns and rainbows.- that's something silly that I say once in a while. We laughed like best girlfriends. Then later I sat by Alexis and that's when David popped open some champage and offered it to me too although I'm one hundred percent and certain he didnt have a clue who I was. I really am a dork. I felt so out of place. Get me in a coffee shop with a girlfriend and I'm in my element. Put me at the Chateau Marmont with wall-to-wall celebrities and I become a fool. I also start drinking cocktails and can't stop. And that my friends, is dangerous.



I saw so many other faces that looked familiar....but the really huge moment for me was towards the end of the night when I saw Jerrell from Project Runway....OMG! That was major. And I didn't open up my mouth and blab like an idiot like I tend to do. Then I turned around and there stood Korto! She's awesome. I was completely starstruck because I love Project Runway and have really liked Korto and Jerrell since the beginning. I ended up talking to them for several minutes and that little interaction really made my night! I didn't ask about Heidi Klum nor did I say that May Anderson offered me saki and David Arquette offered me champagne. Korto and Jerrell are real people who pursued their dreams which speaks volumes to me. And Korto...ahhh, she's lovely.

I like to meet genuine people and make new friends. Someone I've met recently and really like and admire is Nancy Redd. We drank Coke Plus in the Stone Rose Lounge at the Sofitel. Her book Body Drama is amazing. And so is she. Harvard educated, she was one of Glamour magazine's Top Ten College Women Most Likely to Succeed at Anything. We had a nice visit. I wanted to see my pals MK from Popbytes and Sasha from The Evil Beet gossip and Gilmore from Pretty on the Outside but my time was limited and the hours flew by!



I'm still not done telling you about my time in Hollywood-Beverly Hills. So stay tuned for more....

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous All Rileyed Up said...

I am so jealous. It all sounds so fun!

2:19 AM  
Blogger PrincessGreen17 said...

Yes, more! I was just in LA for the first time a couple of weeks ago but just as a tourist...definitely not rubbing elbows with so many celebs! Jerrell and Korto were my favorites, too.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

It was really great meeting you, Cindy! I knew you would have a great recap and remember all the names of the celebrities! I hope you're over your "flu" now. ;)

9:40 PM  
Blogger An Indian's Makup Blog ! said...

LOL I am sitting in front of my computer and beaming at every celebrity sighting you listed ...LOL ! I would have been a nervous wreck and would never have dared to go talk to them ... You are amazing !!

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Amy said...

You are such a funny story teller! I had a blast reading your adventure!

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home