Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Part One, Glamour's Reel Women in Film

Here's the deal. These women are stunning, STUNNING in real life. And they are so small. Petite. Fit. Like miniature real women! I feel like a huge goober by comparison. I'd never make it in front of the camera, I'd take up too much room.
Laura Dern is an acting legend. And Sheryl Crow is one of my favorites. She wore no makeup and is almost fragile looking- naturally pretty.

There she is! Alexis Arquette.

Lucy Liu was in the bathroom when I was washing my hands. I had total anxiety and had to pee ten times before the movies began. I don't know why, they weren't my movies. Lucy was in there with her personal stylist who was touching up her hair and makeup and speaking in hushed tones.
I spoke to both Courteney and Demi. They are tiny and beautiful.

When I was chosen to attend Glamour Reel Moments presented by Suave, I thought there had been a mistake. Me? Really? Wow. I was completely honored and thrilled and anxious and excited. For those of you who aren’t familiar with this event, Glamour magazine readers can submit their personal stories about life changing moments. Three stories are chosen and made into short films based on the stories. The whole idea is to empower female directors. Did you know that an absurdly small percentage of directors are women? This opportunity allows select actresses to try out directing in the short film arena. This event spoke to me on so many levels...females in film, story- telling, beauty. I kept pinching myself yesterday when we saw the movies- AND YOU CAN VIEW THEM HERE!


Suave sponsored the whole deal which is where I come in. Suave wanted real women, not fake ones, to learn more about their array of salon quality products and experience the event. Could I be more grateful? I doubt it.This years directors included Kirsten Smith she’s one half of the writing duo who created screenplays for movies such as Legally Blonde, She’s the Man, House Bunny and more. Courteney Cox and Demi Moore rounded out the troika of femmes. The short films were so brilliant. Kirsten’s was funny, what would you expect given her body of work? Courteney’s made me cry and I never cry. I related most to Demi Moore’s short film. I loved it-and have been thinking about it all day.

After the films were presented at the Directors Guild on Sunset Blvd, we were chauffeured to the Chateau Marmont for the after party. I’ll share all the stories from the past couple of days but I am still recovering from drinking too much last night. Sad but true. I’m ashamed. I told my family I had the flu. I cannot wait to whisper in your ear the intimate details, including chatting about unicorns with Alexis Arquette and David Arquette offering me champagne…more coming….soon….

My fellow attendees includes these women who are all talented and lovely and wonderful, check out their fabulous websites.

If you want to check out two hundred photos of celebs who attended the party last night, click here.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous All Rileyed Up said...

I love reading Michelle's blog. Was she nice?

2:21 AM  
Blogger PrincessGreen17 said...

Wow...sounds like a dream come true!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Manic Mom said...

Hey there again! What an awesome deal to get to attend! Living vicariously through all of you gals!

How goes the writing? Been a long time since we chatted!

Steph

7:48 PM  
Blogger Grayburn said...

That sounds fantastic! What an opportunity and honor to be able to do this. No dish on Lucy?

Grayburn

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home