Sunday, November 02, 2008

MAC for the holidays- RED RED RED!





Is there a better color that defines the holiday season than red? Red is cranberries and Santa's velvet coat, its Rudolph's nose and wrapping paper. It's holiday dresses and stockings under the tree. Of course MAC is right on target with their new holiday collection of reds.


Adoring Carmine is a set of lip colors that come to you in a drawstring bag. Two full size lipsticks plus a gloss. Its the ideal gift for the girly girl in your life. I tried out the Neutral Lip set which is flattering for my fair complexion. The lipsticks can be blended with the gloss on top, worn separately or the gloss can be worn alone. You can get a few different looks out of a single set. For more information, click here.


Red She Said features all kinds of pretty holiday cosmetics. Love Alert and Sugar Rimmed are two shiny Dazzleglass colors that give your mouth a festive pout! My favorite Dazzleglass of the season, however is Miss Dynamite- a sheer orange with pearl shine. I am loving corals and oranges this season!


Red She Said is a very wearable red. I often shy away from dark colors and reds but this is universally flattering. I wish I could be all Gwen Stefani-ish and wear nothing but red all the time! I'd wear Red She Said and be glamorous! Mineralize Eyeshadow features three colors in one round pan. The shade I tried is called InterView. I love these colors- navy, bronze and copper. Beauty Powder Blush in Enough Said is a light bronze with gold shimmer. For more Red She Said, click here.


How fancy! Passions of Red compacts are bejewelled and textured, remininscent of pomegranates. This collection includes both eye and lip kits for sexy, high energy holiday looks. The compacts themselves are works of art, let alone the hues and shades inside. My eye kit- Devoted Poppy will give a variety of looks. I plan on layering the colors on nice and thick. My favorite shade from this is the frosty pearly green. The lip compacts feature three shades of either Plum, Cool Pink or Coral. Click here for the Passions of Red collection.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home