Monday, January 05, 2009

In the Sun Care

Before my cruise and trip to Texas, my dear pal Meg hooked me up with sun care products to take with me. Know this- I avidly avoid the sun. When I saw all the sun worshippers sitting on the chaise lounge chairs, spraying themselves down with oil and laying out like a hot dog on a grill, I wondered if anyone cared about wrinkles, age spots and sunburn not to mention skin cancer. You won't find me laying out trying to tan, that is certain.



I generously applied Peter Thomas Roth's SPF 30 Sunscreen. I love the sprays that don't require a lot of rubbing in. You spray it and go. Also a big hit for me was the Mineral Powder that contains a sun protection factor of 30. I dabbed the Mineral Powder over my makeup before I hit the decks with my oversized hat and sunscreen and sunglasses. You can find this great line right here.



Another product line that I wouldn't want to be without in the Biolage Sunsorials, a deeply conditioning line of products that gently protect or cleanse hair that's been exposed to the elements- think salt water, sun, wind. The shampoo is really nurturing, the Protective Daily Mist helps shield against pool and saltwater. If you plan on being outside then spray the Protective Hair Oil generously onto your hair. This fantastic spray keeps hair from drying into dreadlocks. Seriously, when I've snorkled in the ocean, I always come out of the water with my hair twisted into dry, sandy, salty ropes. Here's the magical link that lands you on the steps of the Matrix Biolage page.



Oh how I love the June Jacobs line! It's a spa line of luxurious items. You know you are using the very best when you employ the June Jacobs products. The Melanin Age Defiance Spf 30 is a lotion with a slight tint that protects the skin from those awful, damaging rays of the sun. "Soothes and protects sun-exposed skin with naturally-derived melanin, calming plant and flower extracts, age-fighting anti-oxidants and pomegranate extract."



Also fabulous is the After Sun Hydrator. Even though I wear sunscreen, I can't say Im good about reapplying it frequently. So when I accidentally get too much sun on my face/chest/shoulders, this is the ideal product to use. It replenishes lost moisture and calms sunburned skin. A must have! Journey to the world of June Jacobs by clicking here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home