Monday, January 05, 2009

Photos from a trip to St. Maarten

The papayas were the size of my torso.

I didn't walk up these stairs, I was too busy taking pictures of the peeling paint.

The colors were amazing. Bright shades, butting up against one another was a visual treat to behold.


On this day, my husband was sick and stayed behind to rest. I grabbed my camera and set out on a long bus tour around the island.

Of course there's a lot of beauty all around but what captivated my eye were the unique places, the run-down, the old building sand the intriguing photo opportunities that abounded.


Just a little ship in a big, big sea. While writing is my passion, photography has become a hobby.


I was by myself in a strange place on a bus with no money. I bought a snow cone from a street vendor and didn't realize that I only had one dollar. The snow cone was two and they didn't take credit cards. I cobbled together about eighty pennies and almost cried. My husband carries the cash. He was back on the cruise ship. I was mortified.
One of the beaches we saw that day. The water and the sky was so blue. Don't you think the people on the beach are having a fabulous time?

Looking outside my balcony. The water was calm, the clouds so puffy and soft. The many shades and variations of blue make me smile.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your photos are gorgeous, C!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Roxy said...

Awesome pics!! Thanks so much for sharing ... I wanna go : (

lol

xo

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home