Monday, January 26, 2009

SAG Fashion Wrap Up


As I watched Jane Krakowski interviewed on the red carpet, I anticipated a fashion malfunction. I was nervous that her plunging neckline would gape open to reveal ...everything. She looked amazing with the upswept hair, makeup and accessories but I would have appreciated a slightly more modest V neck.

We've established that Kate Winslet is one of the world's most beautiful and talented actresses. Now we need to work on the red carpet style just a smidgen. I'd like to see her hair down, or if she wants to wear it up, add curl and a glittery pin to give a little punch. The dress is a bright, beautiful color but in my humble opinion, it ages her a few years. I want to see Kate elegant but with a flair.

So much talent and an incredible body of work behind her, Laura Linney is in a league with the heavy hitters. Laura's hair wasn't anything fancy, I would like to have seen it held back with a thin diamond headband. The dress was a good color for her peachy skin but she needs a long, diamond necklace or some kind of powerful accessory- a giant cocktail ring, a bold bracelet.

Is it me or has Tina Fey dropped some weight? She looks good in this plain and safe dress. I'm sure her dress costs more than anything I have in my closet. Her makeup always looks pretty. I'm not thrilled by this look but I'm not vomiting in the gutter either.

Here's a look that I am one hundred percent happy with. Taraji P. Henson is a stunning goddess in this flattering gown. Her sleek hair framed her face nicely, she is a natural beauty and sashayed the red carpet with style.

Penelope Cruz didn't take any fashion risks. She looked beautiful as usual, didn't bowl me over. She does the pulled back hair and dark eyes nicely, she looks good in black. In the past she's worn some interesting gowns. I'm hoping she does something daring for the Oscars, I'm thinking peacock feathers!

I liked Julie Benz's look. I noticed the cute earrings right away, the shoes were a good choice, something different than a plain pump. I really liked this look. The hair could have been a little messed, its a wee bit prim and proper but you know what, I'm going to give Julie an A.

This dress reminds me of wrapping paper. Holly Hunter has the body to pull off a strapless gown at her age - so she gets points for that! Her makeup looked nice, hair was sleek and straight. Bravo for her use of a single big accessory with the earrings.
Alec Baldwin and his "rude little pig". Oh, no! I shouldn't bring that up. This is Alec's beautiful daughter Ireland. Very pretty girl. I'm getting a "Miss Golden Globe" vibe here. Maybe next year! Pssst, lighten up the hair.


I think Teri Hatcher is lovely, don't get me wrong but I have a strange desire to feed her some foccacia bread and olive oil. She needs about fifteen pounds to fill out her frame! She's too skinny to pull off that voluminous gown. I appreciate the curled hair and accessories though.

I am always a fan of Jenna Fischer's makeup. At the awards shows, she normally has light, pretty makeup and soft hair as she does here. I love the color of the dress, the necklace and the shoes. But something about the hemline reminds me of a mullet.

I just love this shade of lilac-blue! I like the neckline and the criss-cross. Mark my words, this girl is the new beauty of Hollywood. We will be seeing her a lot! Miss Frieda Pinto of Slumdog Millionaire.
What! I hear she's dating David Spade! Nicolette Sheridan definitely stands out with the bold one- armed dress. I think its a very complimentary color to her blonde hair and sunkissed skin. What else would we expect from such a smoldering actress?
I can't quite see what Meryl is wearing- black and pants. She gets a free pass! I don't think Meryl Streep is really known for her Red Carpet style. Viola Davis chose a flattering buttercup dress with bold bracelets. I'd love to see a vivid red lipstick on her.

Evan Rachel Wood looks glorious! I love the blue dress, the little pin on her shoulder. I adore the hair color and think I want to give this shade a whirl. I don't know who does her makeup but lately its been looking beyond perfect. Look at the eye makeup! Her creamy skin reminds me that the effort of putting sunscreen on everyday will pay off. Of course she's only about nineteen.

Christina Applegate chose a fabulous color. The green looks so good on blondes. I always think that gold accessories go well with green but I'm not going to judge too harshly. The silver works. But-

-personally, I would have chosen a slightly smaller earring or a plain diamond hoop. Her earrings are a little too much for the diamond necklace.
Where's the tie, Brad? Is that too much to ask?

Did you happen to see these two being interviewed on the Red Carpet? Either Angelina doesn't care for award show chit-chat or she's a tad haughty. I shouldn't say too much more, I do after all, want to work in Hollywood and don't want the wrath of Brangelina to rain down on me.
I think the coiffure ages her. I'd like to see Angie with some long, sideswept bangs and a blunt cut, shoulder length. Or lots of wavy curls. She could kick it up a notch and wear a gown that's a bit more daring. I applaud the blue, nice departure from the grays and whites and blacks.


The multi-layered bow made Amy Adams look a little pregnant from the side. Other than that, she has such a pretty face that she can get away with her hair being pulled back so severely. People would jump back in horror if I tried that 'do. Her makeup was definitely done up for the event and she's wearing diamonds so kudos of those two aspects. The color of the dress is lovely with her cream complexion. The only issue I have is with the bow. Other than that, I give Amy Adams an A.
You have to be careful with updo's. I think when the hairstyle is rigid and in place, it ages you. Lovely Eva Longoria should have asked her main hair dude, Ken Paves, to mess up the hair to keep her from looking matronly. I like the color of the dress and the jewels on the neckline. The hip area was a little to much with that ruffle.
America Ferrara- I can't believe she plays a character named Ugly Betty- because she's got natural beauty and a great smile. I was kind of "eh" about the dress, the sash looks like tulle randomly sewn on. Her makeup is courtesy of Jouer, she always looks so great!
If that one ruffle by the hips/waist wasn't there, the dress would have flattered Eva's tiny body a little more.


My vote for Best Dressed goes to Taraji P. Henson who killed it with her gorgeous white gown and sleek hair. I also really liked Julie Benz and her t-strap shoes, cute earrings. And I can't forget Evan Rachel Wood with her cool hair color, blue dress and A++ makeup!
**did you happen to see the TV Guide Channel's Red Carpet fashion review? They picked my favorite three as their faves too! Oh how I'd love to be on there with Lisa Rinna!**



14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The name of the actress you voted Best Dressed is Taraji P. Henson, not Henderson.

And you're right, she looks lovely here.

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with most of what you wrote, except Kate Winslet who can do no wrong according to me. Angelina reminded me of a Whistler's Mother painting. So somber. But it was the interview with Guiliana Rancic that was awful...not Angelina herself.
And that color of Frieda Pinto's gown looked periwinkle. Beautiful.

9:28 AM  
Blogger PrincessGreen17 said...

I LOVE all the blues and the gold colors. My only comment about Freida's dress, it's not very flattering to her chest.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Nice post

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Review Daddy said...

Nice dresses I like slacks they look elegant on this attire.

8:01 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

nike air max, kate spade outlet online, longchamp outlet online, tory burch outlet online, louis vuitton, christian louboutin, polo ralph lauren, ray ban outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, true religion, louis vuitton outlet online, kate spade outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, chanel handbags, christian louboutin outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, red bottom shoes, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, true religion outlet, prada handbags, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet online, nike outlet, michael kors handbags, coach outlet, oakley vault, gucci handbags, nike free, longchamp handbags, coach outlet store online, prada outlet, louis vuitton handbags, burberry outlet online, coach outlet, michael kors outlet store, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, jordan shoes

1:41 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

nike air max, guess pas cher, sac michael kors, louis vuitton uk, true religion jeans, michael kors canada, converse pas cher, hermes pas cher, scarpe hogan, lululemon, michael kors uk, sac vanessa bruno, air jordan, timberland, oakley pas cher, nike free, lacoste pas cher, hollister, ray ban pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, north face pas cher, longchamp, mulberry, longchamp pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, burberry pas cher, chaussure louboutin, nike free pas cher, barbour, vans pas cher, nike roshe run, air max pas cher, air max, louis vuitton pas cher, north face, ralph lauren, nike air max, nike blazer pas cher, tn pas cher, louis vuitton, nike roshe, hollister, nike air force, true religion outlet, sac louis vuitton, ray ban uk, new balance pas cher

1:47 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

north face jackets, canada goose, lululemon outlet, instyler ionic styler, ugg boots, babyliss pro, jimmy choo shoes, wedding dresses, canada goose outlet, marc jacobs outlet, uggs outlet, new balance outlet, mac cosmetics, nike trainers, chi flat iron, celine handbags, beats headphones, insanity workout, ferragamo shoes, valentino shoes, herve leger, mont blanc pens, abercrombie and fitch, birkin bag, ugg, asics shoes, ugg soldes, uggs on sale, north face outlet, reebok shoes, hollister, nike huarache, nike roshe, mcm handbags, bottega veneta, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, replica watches, uggs outlet, p90x workout, ugg boots, soccer jerseys, ghd, nfl jerseys, canada goose outlet, vans outlet, soccer shoes, canada goose outlet, ugg outlet

1:52 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

timberland shoes, replica watches, iphone 6 case, moncler outlet, converse shoes, canada goose pas cher, baseball bats, uggs canada, lancel, hollister, canada goose, louis vuitton canada, coach outlet, vans, montre femme, parajumpers outlet, canada goose uk, wedding dress, gucci, canada goose, pandora jewelry, moncler, moncler, moncler, ralph lauren, moncler, oakley, moncler, swarovski jewelry, pandora uk, swarovski uk, toms outlet, louboutin, moncler, ray ban, hollister canada, nike air max, ugg, links of london uk, converse, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo uk, karen millen, air max, hollister clothing, supra shoes, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet

1:59 AM  
Blogger Shijun Lin said...

shijun 3.27 8
coach factory outlet
lv bags
coach factorty outlet
michael kors uk
michael kors uk
cheap beats by dre
michael kors outlet online
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors canada
tods shoes outlet
michael kors
michael kors handbags
cheap oakleys
oakley sunglasses
fitflops outlet
michael kors watches
coach outlet online
gucci bags
cheap oakleys
fitflop
tory burch handbags
michael kors handbags
michael kors handbags
gucci bags
jordan 9
oakley outlet
timberland canada
celine
belstaff
marc jacobs outlet
marc jacobs outlet
hollister outlet
michael kors bags
burberry outlet
michael kors uk
michael kors watches
coach factory
louis vuitton
ray ban wayfarer
cheap nfl jerseys

5:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

huangqihang20150708hollister clothing store
cheap oakley sunglasses
coach factory outlet
kate spade handbags
fitflops sale clearance
tory burch outlet
longchamp outlet
michael kors
toms shoes
ray ban sunglasses
chaussure louboutin
true religion sale
borse louis vuitton
cheap jerseys
nike air max
coach outlet
nike blazer low
gucci
burberry handbags
borse gucci
coach factory outlet
oakley sunglasses sale
nike air force 1
oakley sunglasses outlet
michael kors outlet
oakley sunglasses outlet
coach outlet store online
pandora charms 2015
pandora charms
cheap ray ban sunglasses
tory burch handbags
mcm outlet
ed hardy clothing
abercrombie
coach outlet online
louboutin
hollister clothing
soccer shoes
oakley sunglasses discount
q

11:53 PM  
Blogger Hyabe Ibbe said...

kd basketball shoes
cheap michael kors bags
michael kors handbags
coach factory outlet
fitflops sale clearance
polo shirt
ferragamo shoes
salvatore ferragamo shoes
nike store
nike outlet
nike outlet
ferragamo shoes sale
kobes shoes
ugg boots on sale
gucci outlet online
cheap jordan 11
kobe bryant shoes
coach factory outlet
cheap nike shoes
cheap jordans
coach sale
fitflop shoes
ray ban wayfarer sunglasses
chanel bags online
nike clearance
fitflop shoes clearance
christian louboutin shoes
air max 2015
coach store
air jordan shoes for sale
celine bags
christian louboutin
polo ralph lauren factory store
coach factory
columbia outlet store
christian louboutin sale
jordan 6
coach bags
nike outlet
gucci sunglasses outlet
coach purses outlet
coach sunglasses
fitflops online
nike store
michael kors outlet online sale
ralph lauren extra 25 off
jordan 6
fitflop
20150916hxt

4:04 AM  
Blogger mao qiuyun said...

ugg outlet
ugg boots
louis vuitton handbags
tiffany outlet
ray ban sunglasses
moncler outlet
michael kors handbags
the north face outlet
thomas sabo uk
jordan shoes
true religion jeans
jordan shoes
michael kors outlet
michael kors factory outlet
soccer jerseys
cheap nba jerseys
louis vuitton bags
the north face
timberland boots
adidas wings
cheap jordans
ugg australia
tory burch outlet
air jordan shoes
the north face outlet store
mulberry outlet
ralph lauren uk
pandora jewelry
coach outlet online
lululemon outlet
soccer jerseys
mbt shoes
ray ban sunglasses
swarovski outlet
1031maoqiuyun

9:31 PM  
Blogger xjd7410@gmail.com said...

20161124 junda
louis vuitton
north face jackets
new balance shoes
herve leger outlet
true religion outlet
instyler ionic styler
reebok trainers
canada goose outlet
pandora jewelry
michael kors outlet clearance

4:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home