Thursday, March 26, 2009

Elnett, the holy grail of hairspray?



Elnett has long been a favorite of hairdressers everywhere. Previously available only in Europe, I've read stories of women who, on their way home from overseas, stock up on this hairspray before heading back to the USA. One suitcase for clothes, one for a year's supply of spray. Makes sense to me.

Although the formula changed slightly when L'oreal made it available in the United States, Elnett is still getting rave reviews. Because I can't live without shellacking my hair to high heavens, I couldn't wait to get my manicured mitts on it and give Elnett a whirl. I drove to my nearest Super Target and once I got over the price- I didn't expect it to be $14.99- tossed a bottle in the cart and happily drove home, eager to coat my locks with the potion.

The smell took me back to my grandmother's bathroom where she would wind her thinning gray hair around pink foam curlers and liberally spray Aquanet to set her coiffure. Elnett definitely has an old fashioned scent, reminiscent of Grandma. Once I got used to the smell, I quite liked the spray! It does everything I hoped for- held my hairstyle, didn't make my hair look or feel stiff, brushed out easily. I could definitely part with fifteen dollars in order to keep up using Elnett.

However, and this is where my story takes a sad turn; I have very sensitive skin and after using Elnett for a few days, I noticed red bumps cropping up on my chest and neck. I get these if I use a product that doesn't agree with my skin. I immediately ceased the Elnett usage and I haven't noticed any more unsightly bumps. This is a huge bummer for me because I really liked this hair spray!


I recommend it to those who don't have sensitive skin and you can find Elnett at Target, here. I wish they would make a sensitive skin formula but I highly doubt that will happen. Maybe fragrance free wouldn't be too much to ask?

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha googled in to your blog and loved your blog.. and yeah your right Im from Sweden and you have so right about the hairspray :)
Love to read about products thats not available here in sweden so I will be back here :)

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Erin said...

You can buy Elnett in Europe in a fragrance free version. Hope this helps.

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, yes! It is the holy grail of hairsprays! I have been buying Elnett overseas in its unfragranced version for years beccause it wasn't available here in the U.S. I am the one with the "one suitcase for clothes, the other for Elnett"! I know I have had my suitcase searched when the 12 silver cylinders lying side by side in my bag show up on the luggage scanners. Why oh why,now that it finally can be bought here isn't there the unfragranced type! AAARRRGGGHHH!!! I am still frustrated!!!!!!

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Free ebay finally


Why should you pay ebay big money when can use http://www.BuySellDirect.net free to sell your products.


Their service is rock solid and FREE. http://www.BuySellDirect.net is the one I need

3:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last and final type are White South Sea Pearls, which
source from regions of Australia and are considered to be
the priciest and some of the most valuable in the world.
On vintage jewelry, the type and quality of the gemstones is
of particular importance to final price determination. If you prefer to wear a crown then it must be similar to the bridal jewelry selected by you.



Here is my web site :: www.xhamster.org.uk

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are tired of all the trendy toys out there, this is a classic you can't go wrong with. Almost everyone can probably recall playing with them as a child, putting together figures and taking them apart without any regard for what they were doing. Included in the furnishings for this area are several books, a telescope, and the Vanishing Cabinet.

Here is my webpage :: http://mykharis.com/profile/OllieCumm

5:45 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

nike air max, kate spade outlet online, longchamp outlet online, tory burch outlet online, louis vuitton, christian louboutin, polo ralph lauren, ray ban outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, true religion, louis vuitton outlet online, kate spade outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, chanel handbags, christian louboutin outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, red bottom shoes, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, true religion outlet, prada handbags, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet online, nike outlet, michael kors handbags, coach outlet, oakley vault, gucci handbags, nike free, longchamp handbags, coach outlet store online, prada outlet, louis vuitton handbags, burberry outlet online, coach outlet, michael kors outlet store, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, jordan shoes

1:42 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

nike air max, guess pas cher, sac michael kors, louis vuitton uk, true religion jeans, michael kors canada, converse pas cher, hermes pas cher, scarpe hogan, lululemon, michael kors uk, sac vanessa bruno, air jordan, timberland, oakley pas cher, nike free, lacoste pas cher, hollister, ray ban pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, north face pas cher, longchamp, mulberry, longchamp pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, burberry pas cher, chaussure louboutin, nike free pas cher, barbour, vans pas cher, nike roshe run, air max pas cher, air max, louis vuitton pas cher, north face, ralph lauren, nike air max, nike blazer pas cher, tn pas cher, louis vuitton, nike roshe, hollister, nike air force, true religion outlet, sac louis vuitton, ray ban uk, new balance pas cher

1:47 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

north face jackets, canada goose, lululemon outlet, instyler ionic styler, ugg boots, babyliss pro, jimmy choo shoes, wedding dresses, canada goose outlet, marc jacobs outlet, uggs outlet, new balance outlet, mac cosmetics, nike trainers, chi flat iron, celine handbags, beats headphones, insanity workout, ferragamo shoes, valentino shoes, herve leger, mont blanc pens, abercrombie and fitch, birkin bag, ugg, asics shoes, ugg soldes, uggs on sale, north face outlet, reebok shoes, hollister, nike huarache, nike roshe, mcm handbags, bottega veneta, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, replica watches, uggs outlet, p90x workout, ugg boots, soccer jerseys, ghd, nfl jerseys, canada goose outlet, vans outlet, soccer shoes, canada goose outlet, ugg outlet

1:52 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

timberland shoes, replica watches, iphone 6 case, moncler outlet, converse shoes, canada goose pas cher, baseball bats, uggs canada, lancel, hollister, canada goose, louis vuitton canada, coach outlet, vans, montre femme, parajumpers outlet, canada goose uk, wedding dress, gucci, canada goose, pandora jewelry, moncler, moncler, moncler, ralph lauren, moncler, oakley, moncler, swarovski jewelry, pandora uk, swarovski uk, toms outlet, louboutin, moncler, ray ban, hollister canada, nike air max, ugg, links of london uk, converse, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo uk, karen millen, air max, hollister clothing, supra shoes, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home