Friday, March 06, 2009

MAC Hello Kitty


When MAC announced their partnership with Hello Kitty for an upcoming collection, the world reacted in pure pandemonium. Millions of teenage girls and women screamed and bit their nails in anticipation. The collection debuted in February and is still available.


You might be a little too old for knee socks with hot pants and tube tops but you can definitely enjoy the hip, feminine Hello Kitty collection. While blue and green nails might not be the most age appropriate thing for me, I went crazy over Hello Kitty gray, On the Prowl. I just took this off my fingernails last night. I love the fact that it's not wild but is still different. This shade is a creamy gray that matches everything. Gray is the new neutral!


I adore the lipsticks embossed with the Hello Kitty face. I tried two colors, Fashion Mews which is a light lavender and Strayin’ a midtone pink. Sweet Strawberry Lipglass is a sheer berry color with blue undertones. I like to just mix everything up and wear the lavender over the pink topped with the lipglass for extra shine. Why not?


The eye palette I tested was called Lucky Tom and included these four colors: Stylin- a violet blue with pearl, Lucky Tom - charcoal brown with gold pearl, Creme Royale - gold, Pardisco pink- coral with golden shimmer. I like to play up eyes using a neutral base and a slight hint of bright color. The Stylin shade is so pretty with a dark brown liner lining the eyes and lots of mascara.


I cannot get enough of MAC blushes. I have so many and they are in constant rotation. I like the texture and shades. I have a FAFI one from last year in my purse that gets used every time I'm in the car and I check my look in the visor. The Hello Kitty blush I'm using right now is called Fun & Games, a peachy color that I think we will see a lot of this spring and summer.


There are so many more MAC Hello Kitty products and accessories available, I've barely touched the surface. You can head over to the newly revamped MAC website to read up on everything including Hello Kitty Mild, Wild and Kouture and accessories. Unleash your inner Sanrio fan girl and check it out!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home