Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Toby Fleischman for Evan Rachel Wood- Get her look!

When I saw how amazing Evan Rachel Wood looked at recent events, I knew I needed to find the person responsible. I felt like a detective: I watched all the fashion recap shows to see if I could figure out who styled Evan (everyone has a stylist!) and once I had that name, I emailed her. She kindly passed my request onto the makeup artist, Toby Fleischman.


Check out how beautiful Evan looks in these two photos, in particular the flawless skin and expertly done up eyes. After looking high and low to find out who created Evan's amazing makeup, I discovered the wonderful Toby Fleischman who took the time to tell me (and you) how to look exactly like Ms. Wood...or at least which makeup to use. Here you go.



VH1's CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS
The inspiration for this look really centered on the amazing Dolce & Gabanna beaded dress which just screamed out for an edgy, heavy eye. Armani Luminous Silk Foundation complimented Evan's porcelain skin and so the focus became a smokey eye with silver, gray, bronze and gold.


I lined the entire eye with MAC Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline and then smudged it for softer edge. Working with Christian Dior 5 Color Iridescent Eyeshadow Palette in Sky Glow to create the smokey eye, I blended the bronze color throughout to really pick up the accents in the dress. After a few coats of DiorShow Mascara, the final touch to really pop the eye was a hint of Mehron Metallic Powder in Gold at the inner corners and along the lower lash line. To keep the rest of the face minimal, I used a hint of Nars Blush in Sin for a flushed look and neutral lip from Nars in Chelsea Girls.


SAG AWARDS
One of the many things I love about working with Evan is that she is always up for some versatility with her looks. For this event, we went with a more ethereal color palette that played up her gorgeous blue eyes and the contrast of her hair color with that amazing Monique Lhuillier dress.

Once again using Armani Luminous Silk Foundation for flawless skin, on the eye I used a mix of a blue gray eyeliner and dark teal green eyeliner to get the right touch of soft definition. Blending Lancome Color Design Eyeshadow in Style Section for a touch of silver shimmer on the lid with Vincent Longo Wet Diamond Eyeshadow in Palace Skye and Max Factor Vivid Impact Eyeshadow Duo #190 in the crease for that subtle pop of lavender. A glow of Nars Blush in Madly and MAC lipstick in Twig with Sephora Brand lip gloss in Apricot Souffle on top to finish the look.



Isn't Toby amazing? I now have some inspiration to help me break out of my black eyeliner-mascara routine. For more, go to Toby's website. She's a magician with cosmetics!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Allina said...

If your hubby wishes to spend quality time with you in a hot and happening pub on the very occasion of Valentine’s Day, then would you feel yourself comfortable for the occasion if there are wrinkles spread all over your face? Wrinkles in the face make you unattractive to a significant extent and thus it becomes very essential for you to obtain adequate relief from facial wrinkles. Getting rid of wrinkles is definitely possible if you buy revitol cream and apply it appropriately on your skin

4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home