Monday, June 01, 2009

Melanie Segal's Celebrity Gift House!


After our stint at the Byron and Tracey salon, my pal and I headed over to Melanie Segal’s Celebrity Gift House in Celebration of the 2009 MTV Awards. I should probably leave out the part where we only had to drive three miles but managed to get lost. If I’m not driving, I lose all sense of direction. Let’s just say we took the scenic route to the hills of Hollywood. No worries, it was a beautiful day.

Melanie’s events are always a lot of fun. Sometimes they are held at a hotel, sometimes homes or like last time, The Magic Castle. This time her event was in a million dollar home in the Hollywood Hills. What a fun venue! I pretend I’m driving home when I’m in the hills. I’d like a large modern house with a pool and workout room, extravagant plants lovingly tended to by a gardener, an office in which to write, a room for my kids to play in...we have to have our dreams, right? Mine include a housekeeper and part time nanny.


Primp tee shirts

The Hollywood Hills are rugged, twisty and curvy. Houses are practically built into the hills with tons of foliage, green palm trees, exotic flowers. I imagine what the insides of the houses look like. Beverly Hills is another place where homes date back to the 1920’s and have wrought iron gates outside, if I could only have a glimpse into how they are decorated…

But I digress! This house was decked out in iron with shades of yellow throughout. Vendors were set up in every room. First stop was the Wonka room! Wall to wall candy. Candy heaven! Wonka products are all about satisfying that sweet tooth with fun, innovative candy. While I normally turn away from anything sugary, I couldn’t help myself and ate some (not all) of the Shockers. You have to try them! You will become addicted and then you will find yourself popping handfuls in your mouth at all times of the day.


We wound our way through the home to where the SmartFood, Icelandic Glacial Water, Nature’s Cure, Keri Lotion sat on display. On the back patio, vendors were set up, ready to tell all about their products. I love learning about new things on the market and its always fun to meet new people. At the same time, I was looking to see which celebs would show up. And there were plenty of them! Keep your trap shut Cindy, I kept telling myself. I popped pieces of gum in my mouth and in the process, lost my gold ring.

Back in the house, we paused to learn about Ideative, a small company with a cool item (among other things) called Socket Sense. The guy explaining the products was so nice, he patiently explained his products to everyone who stopped by.

Soft organic jeans made by Mavi were displayed and I wanted more than anything to grab a pair of the light pink ones. I got a cool tee shirt and will skip over to their website to see what else they offer. Those jeans were really pretty sweet.

Last but not least, we stopped by the Glowelle display. I’ve written about Glowelle before and I will again, right now. Its delicious in water, simply shake a packet in a bottle of H20 and you are good to go. I blend a packet with frozen strawberries and a splash of cranberry juice. it’s quite a treat. Glowelle is high in anti-oxidants, botanical extracts and phytonutrients. Its my afternoon snack. Here is when Edyta from Dancing with the Stars walked in. I eyed her up and down. Goodness, her body is perfect. I'm so envious. But I don't have eight hours a day to dance so, what can I say. My keyboard gets a good workout. My fingers are thin.


I'd be lying if I didn’t say I didn’t see celebrities. When I first walked through the door, my eye was magically drawn up the stairs. I immediately locked eyes with Peter Facinelli who, all you Twilight fans know, is Carlisle in the movie. I managed to clamp my mouth shut without saying something stupid. Just wait, my moment of verbal diarrhea is coming. I saw Madeline Zima who I completely accosted accidentally back in October when I drank too much at the Chateau Marmont. Surely she wouldn’t recall a little peon like me but just in case, I didn’t say a word, averting my eyes.

Izze beverage introduced their new flavor Birch. For all of you from the east coast, you know what Birch Beer is and its DELICIOUS! If only someone would bring Taylor Ham out west, I'd be so happy.

I saw Melora Hardin, who I see all the time at these events. I don’t think I said or did anything too embarrassing. But then…here it comes….I saw Mayim Bialik who played Blossom, remember that hit show of the 90’s? With Joey “Whoa!” Lawrence? I casually mentioned seeing her on a commercial for What Not To Wear and we talked for a second about that. Very gracious, she politely answered my questions which weren’t at all nosy, light chit-chat. I didn't blurt out that I ran my own blog or I had a hot screenplay or a novel. Gold star for self control.



Not so bad, right? We were waiting for our cars to be brought around by the valet and I made a comment about all the bags she had littered around her feet. Celebs get gifted left and right. Press may or may not walk off with products. Mayim had a lot. I asked about her babies because I remember reading she had one or two. Talked for a minute about kids. Silence. We waited. I thought back to how my sister would always watch Blossom and dress in large, weird clothes like she did. I knew that Mayim was easing back into acting.

Then out of the blue, I verbally vomited, “OMG I could totally see you on a show, like Grey’s Anatomy!"

pause.

"Like a smart, medical show, you know? Like that.” I offered a thin smile. DOH!

She just kind of gave me a look and replied quickly, then was swept off into her car. All in all, the day was a success.

High ceilings, big windows, interesting artwork.


For a while, I was really into this style.


Little details like this make a house look complete.

Flowers outside.

I love books. I took a copy of each one.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger PrincessGreen17 said...

Awesome!!! It's my dream to go to some kind of gift suite someday! Lucky you to get invited. Did you get any neat products to review for us? :)

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Tavis Schriefer said...

Hi Cindy! I’m the 'patient guy' with Socket Sense ;). Thanks so much for the mention in your blog – great article by-the-way. If you didn’t get a sample of our Socket Sense surge protector, please let me know and I’m happy to send it along (tavis”at”ideativeinc.com). I would like to thank Melanie for the opportunity for IDEATIVE to participate in this great cause. Also, if you would like to share the pics we took during the event, here’s a link - http://tr.im/naof.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't Bialik attend, like, med school???

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guter Beitrag, nur Absatz zwei muss ich widersprechen!

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/weathercom/298713874092l]www.weather.com[/url]

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home