Saturday, June 13, 2009

Summer Scents


I wear perfume every day. Sometimes I'm home but I still take the liberty of spraying a scented cloud around myself. It helps me feel good and there are certain scents that I cannot get enough of, such as Sharon Bolton's Perfume oil in Luv, Clean Baby Girl and Philosophy's Baby Grace.

This summer I'm going to shake it up a little and switch off between these scents. I love them all.

Jo Malone is known for delicious, luxury scents. The Cologne Collection contains six colognes that can be worn alone or layered. You can be your own little perfumer. I can't decide on a favorite but if I had to, it would be Lime Basil & Mandarin. No, Grapefruit. Um...Orange Blossom? Red Roses for sure. I love the scent of roses. But let me mention Amber & Lavender and Pomegranate Noir too!

My 8 year old just couldn't help herself. The cool heart bottle of Vera Wang Rock Princess called to her and she, only moments ago, walked in the room cloaked in the scent of Vera's perfume. With notes of "Peach, Raspberry, Bergamot, Heliotrope, Rose, Jasmine, Lily, Cashmere Wood, Musk, Iris, Coconut," the intial smell is fruity but dries down to a elegant floral.

FlowerbyKenzo is such a scrumptious scent. Its floral and powdery and I love that it lasts all day long. FlowerbyKenzo Spring Fragrance contains notes of parma violet, freesia and white musk. It's one of my very favorites. Girly, soft, and light.

Marc Jacobs knows how to turn out some sexy scents. Check out the above photo, the bottle of Daisy is beautiful. I love the top, like a bouquet daisies. Daisy is created from Strawberry, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Gardenia, Jasmine and a hint of Violet. Its not too flowery, its quite subtle. The bottle featured above is a limited edition by the way.

Lemon splash is delicious. Light, upbeat and citrus fresh, its ideal for the woman who isn't big on perfume. Cucumber and Rain are so light, barely there scents I think are perfect for those heavy humid summer days sure to roll around soon.

Last but not least is Bobbi Brown Bath. I have an image of the typical Bobbi Brown woman- she's elegant, neat, tidy, and there's an element of sophistication about her. And that's what this scent is. Not too light or too strong, its a fresh scent that will not overpower your senses. It will compliment any outfit on any day. Think of a warm bath and the clean soapy smell of your skin, there you have Bobbi Brown Bath.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home