Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day Tripping in San Diego

When I first got my Canon Rebel, I let it sit in the box for months. Afraid to use it, I eyed it nervously. See, I dropped my other camera on the floor with the lens extended and broke it. God forbid the Canon Rebel met the same fate. Plus, it was so intimidating! Two lenses, a variety of options...it sat untouched by human hands. Much like my ipod which rested on my desk for a YEAR. I didn't think I could properly navigate that little device that even ten years olds could master.

Finally, I dove in. And at once, I fell in love. And then a friend loaned me Photoshop Elements. I say loaned but I kept it. So really she gave it to me. It's been a year and I'm still learning how to do things. Mostly I just wing it.
This past weekend, my friend Christina and I took a trip down to San Diego. Balboa Park to be exact. I loved every second of exploring and taking pictures. Time flew by. If writing is my passion then photography is my favorite hobby. You should always have a passion and a hobby. Even better if they are one and the same, right?

I especially love taking pictures of flowers and buildings. Not so much strangers. It's kind of irritating when random people walk in front of my camera as I'm trying to take a picture. Don't disturb a genius at work! I'm kidding.

This one captured my eye because you could see the window on the far side through the window in front.
I love nature. Flowers, greenery, beauty. This is why I like to travel so much. Alaska, Costa Rica, Mexico, the islands of the Caribbean, San Francisco...only when I bring my camera, I ignore everyone and disappear into my own world. Much like when I'm writing.

Can you believe the architecture? So intricate!

More beauty reviews and Daily Dollfaces later. Once I tear myself away from editing my photos. I hope you like them.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger PrincessGreen17 said...

I love taking pictures of flowers too! I have tons. I really want a Rebel! That's the one with no delay, right? NEED!

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home