Sunday, July 05, 2009

My Hot Weather Must-Haves!

Dresses like this one from Old Navy are my hot weather staples. I cannot get enough of skirts and soft dresses. Old Navy has a bunch that are machine washable (a must for me!) and cost less than twenty dollars (another must!). I have a hard time finding good shorts, they are either super short or really long. Im neither a teenager with cellulite free thighs or a Bermudian police officer. Therefore, my summer clothes consist of simple sundresses and knee skimming skirts. Both of which I head to Old Navy for.
photo credit:StarTraks/Sara Jaye Weiss


How to keep summer makeup from melting off your face? Well my dears, keep reading.

I curl my lashes with my BillyB lash curler. I don't do this often, only when I'm heading out of the house for something special.


Prescriptives False Eyelashes mascara adds length and thickness to lashes, plus it doesnt smudge, smear or flake. I apply several coats paying attention to the very tips for added length.
Bobbi Brown gel liner will last all day and into the night, trust me. I love it. A really thin line against the lashline is how it works best.
MAC Prep + Prime Transluscent Powder is a godsend! I have a small brush that I use to lightly dab this finely milled powder along the t-zone. The powder absorbs any oil and makes my face look fresh. This powder is awesome, A+, I cant say enough about it.





At the end of the day, I will use a scrub on my face or apply my Borba Replenishing Masque. It bubbles up and cleans my face, makes my skin look radiant and fresh. I use the Diamond Facial Kit often, I love the feeling of scrubbing my face on a hot day.

I have to mention Product Body's Crush on You Scrub. Again, on a hot sticky day when I get sweaty and feel gross, a cool shower with a loofah mitt and some Crush on You Scrub works wonders. I use it all over. It has great consistency, texture, smell, is made with natural ingredients. Its wonderful.
I've been using Benefits Erase Paste for under my eyes, MAC Studio Sculpt gel foundation applied with a sponge for the face. I think a light touch is best for summer which means skin has to look its best. So you need to treat your skin well, using good moisturizers and sunscreens. I use Neutrogena's spf 90 for Faces on my neck, chest and tops of hands. Benefit's PosieTint gives cheeks a pinky glow, it lightly stains so it won't come off during a hot day. I use it on lips as well. Top it off with Benefits Benetint Lip Balm which contains an spf 15 to protect lips.

2 Comments:

Blogger MrsAshley said...

That is a great sun dress and that mascara looks like something I would like to try. I'm a big fan of Mary Kay's Sun Care Products...which you can win here: http://beauty4moms.blogspot.com/2009/07/vacation-getaway-set-from-mary-kay.html Good luck!

7:59 PM  
Blogger PrincessGreen17 said...

I should probably start putting SPF on my hands, too. Even though I live in Wisconsin and not sunny LA! I noticed in a picture of Madonna and her 22-year-old boyfriend how old her hands look.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home