Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Nose Job Part Two: One Week Away

Thankfully, big huge hair was in style. However, I would have worn it ten times bigger if my hair would take the focus off my nose.

My graduation photo.

After the first nose job. Notice how pinched it looks? You can't see the big valley in the bridge of my nose. It seriously looked terrible. Don't comment on the shoulder pads. You're here for the nose.
This is from last week. Ten years after my second nose job. Remember, after that second surgery I went back numerous times to the doctors office to have excess cartilage taken out of my one nostril. For the past TEN YEARS I've been avoiding the camera, only posing when I can turn my head to the side so no one can see me head on. Or else you heed to be several yards away from me so its more of a long distance shot.

My prayers will be answered if I can have a smooth, straight nose. Finally! Most people are born with one and take it for granted.



One week from today the surgery will be over. My nose will be changed forever, I hope for the better because I don’t want to go through plastic surgery ever again. Maybe a little face lift or filler when I’m fifty, sixty. But no more cutting in to my face.

What the surgeons do is cut the spot between your nostrils and lift the nose like the hood a car. Once its open, they can work their magic. I’ve seen the photos, its not pretty! I’m glad they know what they’re doing because I wouldn’t know where to start. Although I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t eyed up my X-acto knife and considered trying to remove cartilage myself.
During the first week after the surgery, I’ll have a bandage on my nose. When I told him I wouldn’t be going out in public, my son offered me the option of wearing a mask, like a ninja or as he put it, "a terrorist". My husband scoffed at my reluctance to go out in public with a bandage on my face. I’m insecure enough, do I need everyone staring at me? I’ll be at home, reading and watching tv, thank you. Season One of Mad Men.

For ten years I dreamed of this. I consulted, through the years, plastic surgeons, only to retreat home feeling deflated because the surgery was so expensive. I’m not going to lie, it is. I’d go in hopeful and excited only to be told it was either too complicated or the doctor didn’t have the same vision as me about how I should look. Mostly, the price was exorbitant and I would never dream of imposing such a debt on my family expenses.

I felt that someday, when everything was meant to be, the details would fall into place and for the most part they have. All I have to do is wait . Next Wednesday morning, I will get up early and head to the medical center, try to calm my knocking knees and jittery hands, wear some kind of hospital issued night gown, put my hair up in a paper cab and lay down, waiting for drugs to take effect. I hope I’m not given whatever killed Michael Jackson. Yikes.

For the people I haven’t told, I wonder what the reactions will be. Will they stare? Ask questions? Will I look so different that I won’t recognize myself when I look in the mirror? Will I want more, like a plastic surgery addicted Hollywood starlet? Doubtful. I just want to be content when I look in the mirror. I wonder how my children and husband will react?

I've been reading and rereading the blog from my surgeons. They know what they are doing as revision work is their specialty. I am content about my choice in doctors. I don't know how comfortable I'd be going to someone who did boob jobs and tummy tucks along with nose jobs. I wanted to find the very best doctor who specialized in what I required. As luck would have it, I met Nadine and she told me about their work. Take a look at the before and afters! These guys are really good.

One week from this very moment, it will be all over. I'll be in recovery and anxious to get home. And finally it will all be over.






Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, sweetie. You'll be 2x as beautiful.

7:44 PM  
Blogger PrincessGreen17 said...

I enjoyed your older photos! I'm sad that you were SO insecure about it back then, but if it wasn't that I'm sure something else would have made your teenage years miserable. :) Good luck, I hope this is it for you!

8:18 PM  
Blogger PrincessGreen17 said...

They do have a good blog! Is that you that they wrote about on June 4?

8:37 PM  
Blogger kelliegonzo said...

many good wishes and prayers!! ♥

11:01 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I hope everything works out for you. You deserve it!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Good Luck! I love to read your blogs, all of them. You will look great NO MATTER what that doctor does to you!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Esmeralda said...

I'm really excited for you. I looked at the before & after photos and those doctors sure seem to know what they're doing. I hope you share pictures of yourself after your recovery. You'll be in my thoughts!

1:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck... it's been a long journey. I just had my nose done a week ago and I am scared that the nose I see in the mirror, is the nose that will stay like that forever?! I'm hoping that I didn't make a mistake!!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

I'm so excited for you. This is a life-changing situation. I hope it turns out well and you get the result you have always wanted. Well, anyway, I'm in the process of searching for a credible surgeon in Los Angeles. Nose surgery seems to be their top cosmetic procedure so that's why I want it done there. If you know a good rhinoplasty surgeon (Los Angeles-based) please let me know. Thanks!

3:23 AM  
Anonymous Jenny Cruz said...

This one is much better than the first one. Good luck for your recovery and keep us more updated. After seeing your beautiful, I must considered Rhinoplasty Los Angeles as my next needs.

6:53 PM  
Blogger kewiesterrock said...

Wow she is looking so much beautiful after the nose job treatment. She got a flexible nose and she get a good and successful result so quickly. Nose job is a now a days so much popular with the good successful ratio.

nose job

10:18 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

How's your nose now? It's good that you went to a doctor that made all the difference for you to look better! Indeed, your nose is much better than the first one. Cheers to you!

[Terry Bayer]

4:59 PM  
Anonymous maryland tile installation said...

I kinda miss the old look, but you are better now.

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Katie Hallison said...

Aw, your son is so sweet! You are lucky to have a family that supports you. Since you’ve already done this procedure, you probably know the drill. Just be sure to discuss with your surgeon what transpired on your first procedure as well as the changes you want to see. There should be a mutual understanding between the surgeon and the patient about the procedure.

2:09 PM  
Blogger John said...

louboutin,christian louboutin,red bottoms,louboutins,red shoes,red heels,christian louboutin sale,christian louboutin shoes
longchamp bags
michael kors outlet online
prada
gucci shoes
tory burch flats
north face uk
michael kors outlet
jordan 11
tods outlet store
gucci shoes
michael kors outlet online
jordans
michael kors outlet online
louis vuitton outlet
nike huarache shoes
louis vuitton
kate spade
coach factory outlet
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
jordan retro
coach outlet
mcm handbags
ray ban sunglasses uk
coach outlet
michael kors handbags
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton
louis vuitton
michael kors handbags
201597yuanyuan

4:48 AM  
Blogger Hyabe Ibbe said...

kd basketball shoes
cheap michael kors bags
michael kors handbags
coach factory outlet
fitflops sale clearance
polo shirt
ferragamo shoes
salvatore ferragamo shoes
nike store
nike outlet
nike outlet
ferragamo shoes sale
kobes shoes
ugg boots on sale
gucci outlet online
cheap jordan 11
kobe bryant shoes
coach factory outlet
cheap nike shoes
cheap jordans
coach sale
fitflop shoes
ray ban wayfarer sunglasses
chanel bags online
nike clearance
fitflop shoes clearance
christian louboutin shoes
air max 2015
coach store
air jordan shoes for sale
celine bags
christian louboutin
polo ralph lauren factory store
coach factory
columbia outlet store
christian louboutin sale
jordan 6
coach bags
nike outlet
gucci sunglasses outlet
coach purses outlet
coach sunglasses
fitflops online
nike store
michael kors outlet online sale
ralph lauren extra 25 off
jordan 6
fitflop
20150916hxt

4:04 AM  
Blogger mao qiuyun said...

ugg outlet
ugg boots
louis vuitton handbags
tiffany outlet
ray ban sunglasses
moncler outlet
michael kors handbags
the north face outlet
thomas sabo uk
jordan shoes
true religion jeans
jordan shoes
michael kors outlet
michael kors factory outlet
soccer jerseys
cheap nba jerseys
louis vuitton bags
the north face
timberland boots
adidas wings
cheap jordans
ugg australia
tory burch outlet
air jordan shoes
the north face outlet store
mulberry outlet
ralph lauren uk
pandora jewelry
coach outlet online
lululemon outlet
soccer jerseys
mbt shoes
ray ban sunglasses
swarovski outlet
1031maoqiuyun

9:31 PM  
Blogger Gege Dai said...

michael kors factory outlet
canada goose outlet
fitflops sale clearance
lebron shoes
ugg boots
uggs outlet
canada goose outlet
ugg boots
basketball shoes,basketball sneakers,lebron james shoes,sports shoes,kobe bryant shoes,kobe sneakers,nike basketball shoes,running shoes,mens sport shoes,nike shoes
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton outlet store
ugg boots
longchamp outlet
reebok shoes
mulberry sale
coach outlet
instyler
kobe shoes
rolex watches
louis vuitton
longchamp outlet
chaussure louboutin
nike air max 90
gucci outlet
north face jackets
ray ban sunglasses
hermes belt
air jordan 13
uggs outlet
michael kors outlet
coach outlet store
adidas nmd runner
kobe bryants shoes
coach outlet online
true religion jeans outlet
czq20160908

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home