Monday, August 17, 2009

Creams and Lotions and Serums

Aren't we all searching for the fountain of youth in one form or another? If you doubt me, then you must tune into my new favorite show, Addicted To Beauty on Oxygen. Since I'm not ready for botox injections, transdermal fillers, face lifts, eye lifts, lip injections and the like, I will continue my search for fabulous products that deliver!

Here are some of my favorites of late. I usually use products for a week, two weeks or more to get a feeling for the texture, consistency, etc. I like to see if there's an immediate difference in my skin or if the product improves the skin over a period of time which is how most creams, lotions and serums work.

Let's start with 3lab Perfect Sunblock SPF 55. I like the subtle scent, the way it absorbs quickly and the fact its a 55. In my opinion, the higher the better. I don't leave the house without sunblock! Ever! Never!

3lab 's Super H Serum gets four stars- it brightens skin, decreases the appearance of wrinkles, lightens spots, firms skin. The Perfect Mask is a sheet that fits directly over your face. You keep it on for ten minutes and almost instantly your skin is brighter, more radiant, there's a glow about the face that I loved. I looked younger! And that's always a good thing.




Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair is applied with a little dropper which makes me feel like a chemist. It boasts the ability to hydrate, repair skin damage and prevent future damage from the environment (sun, pollution, smoke etc). I like it because its not too sticky, is fragrance free and it absorbs quickly.



Cindy Crawford's Meaningful Beauty Glowing Serum contains soy protein, marine botanicals, minerals, vitamin C and antioxidants. I love the healthy ingredients. I use a tiny dot of this all over my face and neck. I feel that my skin looks better and the wrinkles around my eyes are less apparent. This is another good serum!



Kate Somerville is a skin guru to the stars and many celebs owe their beautiful skin to her. I used her products every day and loved how smooth and pretty my skin looked. I tried her HydraKate Line Release Serum and Deep Tissue Repair. The HydraKate Line Release Serum contains peptides and collagen builders to plump those lines and wrinkles. Along with the serum, I used the Deep Tissue Repair. It's hard core. This one goes deep into the cells to repair damage. When a product is this intense, I apply it at night. It easily absorbs into the skin and works to improve texture, moisturize and hydrate the skin. It's another winner from Kate. My goal in life is to have a facial by Kate Somerville. One of my goals, I mean!



Last but not least is a product line that I put off using for weeks. It's called Signals, Stem Cell Solution. The stem cell thing had me thinking it was made from umbilical cord blood or something weird. To say I was misinformed would be an understatement.
The Light Touch Exfoliant is a face wash that it not gritty or harsh. It cleans the face, leaving if soft and supple. I like the Night Cream a lot. Its thick so you don't need much. The Day Lotion can be applied under makeup. I wish this had an SPF in it!



I love applying the Night Cream because instantly my skin looks better. I'm still a little foggy on the stem cell aspect but this stuff works, at least for me. My skin looks its best after using the Exfoliant and Night Cream. So...what's the deal with stem cells? According to their website, Signals reports this: The stem cells are like a commander telling the thousands of regular cells what to do. It does this through signaling the other cells—exactly what Signals does to improve your skin.


You can learn more by heading to their site and reading through it. I really really like it. And there's no baby parts in it which is a plus.